- The report contains detailed information about Drugstore.com Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Drugstore.com Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Drugstore.com Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Drugstore.com Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Drugstore.com Inc. business.
About Drugstore.com Inc.
drugstore.com, inc. operates as an online provider of health, beauty, vision, and pharmacy products. The company offers consumers to shop for these products through its Web stores, including those located on the Internet at www.drugstore.com, www.beauty.com, www.sexualwellbeing.com, www.athisbest.com, www.thenaturalstore.com, www.allergysuperstore.com, www.riteaidonlinestore.com, www.medcohealthstore.com, www.visiondirect.com, www.lensmart.com, www.lensworld.com, and www.lensquest.com. Effective February 19, 2010, through its acquisition of Salu, Inc., the company acquired www.skinstore.com and operate www.spalook.com. As of January 3, 2010, the company's lifetime customer base was 11.7 million customers.
The company operates in three segments: Over-The-Counter, (OTC); Vision; and Mail-Order Pharmacy.
This segment stocks approximately 35,000 non-prescription health, beauty, personal care, household, and other products. It also offers approximately 10,000 products through arrangements with drop-ship vendors. The company offers OTC products in various categories, including personal care; makeup and accessories; hair care; skin care; mens; medicine cabinet; vitamins; gifts; oral care; GNC; Green and natural; diet and fitness; household; pets; baby and mom; food and gourmet; flexible spending account; sexual well-being; toys and games; beauty.com (prestige beauty products, also accessible through www.beauty.com); and skinstore.com (clinical skin care and beauty products, accessible through www.skinstore.com and spalook.com).
Through its subsidiary Custom Nutrition Services, Inc. (CNS), the company also provides personalized nutrition services to consumers in the form of an online assessment of an individuals specific nutritional supplement needs, and deliver the personalized vitamins, minerals, herbs, and supplements in pharmaceutical-grade, daily dose packages. The company is the exclusive online distributor of nutritional supplement programs for Dr. Barry Sears at www.ZoneDiet.com and The Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa at www.Pritikin.com. In addition, the company acts as the exclusive fulfillment provider for customized nutritional supplements sold through www.DrWeilVitaminAdvisor.com, www.DrWeil.com, and other Dr. Weil-related Websites.
In addition, through its newly acquired subsidiary Salu, the company offers on www.skinstore.com and through www.spalook.com, which the company operates on behalf of a third party, over 200 premium brands of clinical skin care and beauty products typically found only in luxury spas, fine stores, and dermatologists offices.
This segment offers an assortment of contact lenses, in addition to reading glasses, contact lens cases, and other contact lens supplies. The companys contact lens business is subject to the U.S. Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act, or FTCLCA, and the related regulations of the Federal Trade Commission, or FTC, which establish a national uniform standard for eye care practitioners and direct marketers with respect to the sale of contact lenses, including verification of contact lens prescriptions.
In 2009, the company entered into a strategic multi-year e-commerce partnership with Luxottica Group, S.p.A. (Luxottica), a company engaged in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of fashion, luxury, and sport eyewear. Through this partnership, the company would develop branded contact lens e-commerce sites for Luxotticas North American businesses, such as LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Target Optical, and Sears Optical. The company is also purchasing contact lenses and related products through its joint venture with Luxottica.
This segment includes prescription drugs and supplies, other than prescription contact lenses, sold online through the pharmacy section of the drugstore.com Web store or over the telephone and delivered to customers through its mail-order facility. The company is a full-service pharmacy stocking approximately 5,500 prescription drugs. The company employs licensed pharmacists and is licensed to ship prescriptions to all 50 states in the United States. The company serves both cash-paying pharmacy customers and customers with insurance coverage.
drugstore.com, inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Drugstore.com Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Drugstore.com Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Drugstore.com Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Drugstore.com Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Drugstore.com Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DRUGSTORE.COM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Drugstore.com Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Drugstore.com Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Drugstore.com Inc. Major Shareholders
Drugstore.com Inc. History
Drugstore.com Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Drugstore.com Inc. Offices and Representations
Drugstore.com Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Drugstore.com Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Drugstore.com Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Drugstore.com Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Drugstore.com Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Drugstore.com Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Drugstore.com Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Drugstore.com Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Drugstore.com Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Drugstore.com Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Drugstore.com Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Drugstore.com Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?