- The report contains detailed information about CVS Caremark Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CVS Caremark Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CVS Caremark Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CVS Caremark Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CVS Caremark Corporation business.
About CVS Caremark Corporation
CVS Caremark Corporation operates as a pharmacy services company in the United States. The company operates approximately 6,900 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug retail stores; pharmacy benefit management, mail order and specialty pharmacy division, Caremark Pharmacy Services; retail-based health clinic subsidiary, MinuteClinic; and online pharmacy, CVS.com.
The company operates through two business segments: Pharmacy Services and Retail Pharmacy.
PHARMACY SERVICES SEGMENT
The Pharmacy Services segment provides a range of pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services, including mail order pharmacy services, specialty pharmacy services, plan design and administration, formulary management, and claims processing. The companys clients are primarily employers, insurance companies, unions, government employee groups, managed care organizations, and other sponsors of health benefit plans and individuals throughout the United States. In addition, through its SilverScript Insurance Company (SilverScript) and Accendo Insurance Company (Accendo) subsidiaries, the company is a national provider of drug benefits to eligible beneficiaries under the Federal Governments Medicare Part D program. The pharmacy services business operates under the Caremark Pharmacy Services, Caremark, CVS Caremark, CarePlus CVS/pharmacy, CarePlus, RxAmerica, AccordantCare, and TheraCom names. As of December 31, 2009, the Pharmacy Services segment operated 49 retail specialty pharmacy stores, 18 specialty mail order pharmacies, and 6 mail service pharmacies located in 25 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia.
The PBM services the company provides for its clients involve the design and administration of programs.
Plan Design and Administration: The companys clients sponsor pharmacy benefit plans that facilitate the ability of eligible members in these plans to receive medications prescribed by their physicians. The company assists its clients in designing pharmacy benefit plans. The company also administers these benefit plans for its clients and assists them in monitoring the effectiveness of these plans through frequent, informal communications, as well as through a formal annual client review.
Formulary Management: The company utilizes an independent panel of doctors, pharmacists and other medical experts, referred to as its Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, to select drugs that meet the standards of safety and efficacy for inclusion on its drug lists. The companys drug lists provide recommended products in various drug classes to ensure member access to clinically appropriate alternatives under the clients pharmacy benefit plan. To improve clinical outcomes for members and clients, the company conducts ongoing, independent reviews of all drugs, including, but not limited to, those appearing on the drug lists and generic equivalent products, as well as of its clinical programs.
Discounted Drug Purchase Arrangements: The company negotiates with pharmaceutical manufacturers to obtain discounted acquisition costs for many of the products on its drug lists, and these negotiated discounts enable the company to offer reduced costs to clients that choose to adopt its drug lists. The discounted drug purchase arrangements the company negotiates typically provide for its receiving discounts from list prices in various ways.
Prescription Management Systems: The company dispenses prescription drugs both directly, through one of its mail service or specialty pharmacies, or through a network of retail pharmacies. All prescriptions, whether they are filled through one of its mail service pharmacies or through a pharmacy in its retail network, are analyzed, processed and documented by its proprietary prescription management systems. These systems assist staff and network pharmacists in processing prescriptions by automating tests for various items, including, but not limited to, plan eligibility, early refills, duplicate dispensing, appropriateness of dosage, drug interactions or allergies, over-utilization, and potential fraud.
Mail Pharmacy Program: As of December 31, 2009, the company operated six automated m
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CVS Caremark Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CVS Caremark Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CVS Caremark Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CVS Caremark Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CVS Caremark Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CVS CAREMARK CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CVS Caremark Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CVS Caremark Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CVS Caremark Corporation Major Shareholders
CVS Caremark Corporation History
CVS Caremark Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CVS Caremark Corporation Offices and Representations
CVS Caremark Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CVS Caremark Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CVS Caremark Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
CVS Caremark Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
CVS Caremark Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CVS Caremark Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CVS Caremark Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CVS Caremark Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
CVS Caremark Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
CVS Caremark Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CVS Caremark Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CVS Caremark Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?