- The report contains detailed information about Concepts Direct Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Concepts Direct Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Concepts Direct Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Concepts Direct Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Concepts Direct Inc. business.
About Concepts Direct Inc.
Concepts Direct Inc (the company) was organized as a Delaware corporation in 1992 and began operations under the Concepts Direct name. The company is a direct retailing company, Colorado. From 1988 to 1992, operations were conducted in the Consumer Products division of Wiland Services, Inc. (Wiland Services), which provided a variety of database management, list processing and marketing research services to direct marketing companies. Presently, the company owns and operates seven catalog titles, their associated websites and related niche marketing vehicles. The company sells personalized paper products and a diverse line of merchandise, including collectibles, giftitems, home decorative items and casual apparel.
During 2002, the company mailed almost 42 million copies of all catalog titles. At the end of 2002, the proprietary database contained approximately 13.7 million customers, catalog requesters, catalog referrals, and gift recipients.
The company currently markets its products primarily under seven catalog titles:
Colorful Images® is the trade name under which the company markets its line of personalized labels, personalized notepads, various other personalized paper products and general merchandise such as gifts, home decor, T-shirts, and collectibles. Colorful Images (creates its own designs, purchases styles, and designs from outside sources and licenses certain images on a royalty basis.
The Colorful Images® line of personalized self-adhesive labels is one of the major assortments of such products available. There are over 1,800 different label choices appropriate to popular interests, most regions of the country, hobbies, professions and lifestyles. In addition, labels are available with popular licensed characters such as Snoopy, other PEANUTS® characters, and Garfield®.
The primary marketing vehicle utilized to sell Colorful Images® products is a digest-sized catalog (measuring approximately 5" x 7 1/2"). ColorfulImages.com, featuring a full array of Colorful Images® products was launched in late 2000.
Linda Anderson® markets an assortment of gifts, home decorative merchandise, and casual apparel, generally at higher price points than Colorful Images®. This merchandise is offered through the Linda Anderson® catalog and at LindaAnderson.com.
Linda Anderson's Collectibles®
Linda Anderson's Collectibles® was launched in 1997 featuring an extensive line of collectible merchandise and information about collecting and the lines represented. The LindaAnderson.com site offers products that have been offered in the Linda Anderson's Collectibles® catalog.
Operating under an agreement with United Feature Syndicate, the Snoopy, etc. catalog consists exclusively of merchandise featuring Snoopy and the other PEANUTS® characters. The merchandise in the catalog is a combination of items from licensed manufacturers and items designed exclusively for the catalog. In late 2000, the company launched SnoopyStore.com, featuring products from the Snoopy etc. catalog. In addition to functioning as a stand-alone website, SnoopyStore.com also serves as the e-commerce site for Snoopy.com.
The Music Stand®
In June 1999, the company purchased substantially all of the assets of the Music Stand® catalog. The acquisition included primarily the customer database and inventory of the catalog.
The Garfield Stuff® catalog consists exclusively of Garfield® merchandise. The merchandise in the catalog is a combination of items from licensed manufacturers and items designed exclusively for the catalog. The company launched the GarfieldStuff.com website in April 2002.
In September 2002, the company mailed the first NewBargains(sm) catalog. The company launched NewBargains.com in January 2000. The NewBargains(sm) catalog and associated website are liquidation vehicles strictly used to market slow-moving inventory at discounted prices.
The company major product lines are personalized paper products, and gift, home decor, and other merchandise items. With the exception of personalized checks, all of the personalized paper products sold are stocked and shipped directly to customers.
1. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Concepts Direct Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Concepts Direct Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Concepts Direct Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Concepts Direct Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Concepts Direct Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. CONCEPTS DIRECT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Concepts Direct Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Concepts Direct Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Concepts Direct Inc. Major Shareholders
Concepts Direct Inc. History
Concepts Direct Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Concepts Direct Inc. Offices and Representations
Concepts Direct Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Concepts Direct Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Concepts Direct Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Concepts Direct Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Concepts Direct Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Concepts Direct Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Concepts Direct Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Concepts Direct Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Concepts Direct Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Concepts Direct Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Concepts Direct Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Concepts Direct Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?