- The report contains detailed information about Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Casual Male Retail Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. business.
About Casual Male Retail Group, Inc.
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of big and tall mens apparel in the United States, Canada and Europe.
The company operates under the trade names of Casual Male XL, Casual Male XL Outlets, Rochester Clothing, B & T Factory Direct, Shoes XL and Living XL. It operates 395 Casual Male XL retail stores, 65 Casual Male XL outlet stores and 19 Rochester Clothing stores. The companys direct business includes catalogs and e-commerce sites which support brands and product extensions.
The company operates as a multi-channel retailer with two primary retail brands, including B&T Factory Direct, Casual Male XL, and Rochester Clothing. The B&T Factory Direct customer is a consumer focused primarily on basic apparel needs. The Casual Male XL customer is a consumer of primarily moderately priced branded and private label casual sportswear and dresswear, and its Rochester Clothing customer is a luxury-oriented consumer of fine quality, designer and branded menswear.
In addition to its e-commerce and catalog businesses for B&T Factory Direct, Casual Male XL, and Rochester Clothing, the company operates international Web stores for both brands in six European countries. Also, with shoes being an integral part of its customers wardrobe, the company operates a direct business, Shoes XL, to improve its penetration in the shoe product line. The companys direct business, Living XL, focuses on household products, which help larger people maintain a comfortable lifestyle. The company offers its customers merchandise in all lifestyles from casual to business, young to mature, in all sizes XL and up.
B&T Factory Direct
Under the B&T Factory Direct name, the company operates a B&T Factory Direct catalog business, as well as an e-commerce site, www.btdirect.com. This direct business enhances the companys Casual Male XL outlet stores, enabling it to provide a multi-channel shopping experience for the customer. The merchandise offered in the companys B&T Factory Direct catalogs and on its Web site is an expanded selection.
The company offers a private label program, specifically for its Casual Male XL outlet stores and B&T Factory Direct businesses. It carries Canyon Ridge, which is similar in style to its Harbor Bay product line, 555 Turnpike, which is targeted towards its younger customers similar to 626 Blue, and Fuse, a contemporary line similar in style to its Synrgy product line.
The companys Casual Male business offers a selection of quality sportswear, dress clothing and footwear for the big & tall customer. Its Casual Male merchandise is sold through its 395 Casual Male XL retail stores, Casual Male XL catalogs and e-commerce site www.casualmaleXL.com.
Casual Male XL retail stores: As of January 30, 2010, the company operated 395 Casual Male XL full-price retail stores, located primarily in strip centers. These stores offer a selection of basic sportswear, other casual apparel, dress wear and accessories, as well as a complement of private label collections.
Casual Male XL outlet stores: As of January 30, 2010, the company operated 65 Casual Male XL outlet stores designed to offer a range of casual clothing for the big & tall customer.
Casual Male XL Direct Businesses: The companys Casual Male XL Web site, www.casualmaleXL.com, and Casual Male XL catalogs offer an assortment of merchandise similar to what is available in the stores, but also offers a selection of brands, styles and sizes. During 2009, the company issued 15 editions of Casual Male XL catalogs and circulated a total of 7 million catalogs. It also owns the domain name www.bigandtall.com. This site integrates Casual Male XL, Rochester Clothing, B&T Factory Direct, Living XL and Shoes XL Web sites.
Through business relationship with Sears U.S. and Sears Canada, the company offers selected Casual Male merchandise on their Web sites at www.Sears.com and www.Sears.ca. It also has a co-branded section in the Sears Canada catalog, in which it appeared in 3 editions during 2009.
The companys Rochester Clothing stores carry a selection of a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CASUAL MALE RETAIL GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. History
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?