- The report contains detailed information about BioPharm Asia Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioPharm Asia Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioPharm Asia Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioPharm Asia Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioPharm Asia Inc. business.
About BioPharm Asia Inc.
BioPharm Asia, Inc. engages in the plantation and distribution of traditional herbal medicines and western medicines. The company offers products through its retail stores and distribution centers to other chain stores, hospitals, neighborhood clinics, and other channels in China.
The company operates through its two subsidiaries: Tonghua Huachen Herbal Planting Company Limited (HERB), and Tonghua S&T Medical & Pharmacy Company Limited (PHARMACY). HERB owns 100 percent equity interests of Tonghua Huachen Pharmaceutical Company Limited (HUACHEN). PHARMACY owns 100 percent of Yunnan Silin Pharmaceutical Company Limited (SILIN).
The companys principal businesses are planting, manufacturing, distribution, and retail sale of a line of health care products. Based on the various operating activities, its segments are: HERB, herbal planting planting, processing and selling herbs in China; HUACHEN, drug manufacturing the production and sale of herbal and pharmaceutical products to outsider distributors; SILIN, distribution the sale of healthcare products to hospitals, pharmacy shops, neighborhood clinics and the companys own pharmacy shops; and PHARMACY, retailing the sale of healthcare products to end consumers.
Herbal Planting segment
The companys Herbal Planting segment cultivates herbs on approximately 495 acres in Jilin Province. These herbs, include Chinese Magnolia Vine Fruit, Membranous Milk Vetch Root, and Ginseng, and sold to manufacturers of traditional Chinese medicines, as well as used for the companys production of such medicine.
Drug Manufacturing segment
The company manufactures various traditional Chinese non-prescription drugs: Qiweixiaoke Capsule; Shengan Bujin Tablets; Tongqiaobiyan Tablets; Huatanpingchuan Tablets; Wujiarongxue Oral Liquid; and Methocarbamol Capsule. These drugs sold to drug and health care distributors and distributed by the companys own distribution network.
SILIN, the companys distribution segment, provides various pharmaceutical and healthcare products to hospitals, drug stores, and other providers of such products. The companys distribution networks mainly include Jilin, Liaoning and Yunnan provinces. In addition to the distribution to outside channels, the company utilizes its distribution network to provide products to its chain of retail drug stores.
The companys Pharmacy segment consists of 360 retail drug stores, which offer an array of pharmaceutical products, as well as other goods.
Prescription Drugs: The companys retail stores offer approximately 300 prescription drugs. It accepts prescriptions from licensed health care providers.
OTC Drugs: The company offers approximately 1,150 over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, including western medicines and traditional Chinese medicines, for the treatment of common illnesses.
Nutritional Supplements: The company offers approximately 110 nutritional supplements, including various healthcare supplements, vitamins, minerals, and dietary products.
Herbal Products: The company offers various drinkable herbal remedies and packages of assorted herbs for making soup, which are used by consumers as health supplements.
Other Products: The companys other products include personal care products, such as skin care, hair care, and beauty products, family care products, such as portable medical devices for family use, birth control, and early pregnancy test products and convenience products, such as soft drinks, packaged snacks, and other consumables, cleaning agents, and stationery. Other products offered also include seasonal and promotional items.
Acquisitions: In 2009, the company acquired China Northern Pharmacy Holding Group Limited (CNPH), a British Virgin Islands corporation.
HUACHENs competitors include Tonghua Wantong Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sichuan Shuzhong Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Jilin JuRenTang Pharmaceutical Company Limited. The SILIN competitors include Hunan Shuanghe Pharmaceutical Company, Shenyang Tengda Pharmaceutical Company, and Jilin Drug Store.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioPharm Asia Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioPharm Asia Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioPharm Asia Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioPharm Asia Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioPharm Asia Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOPHARM ASIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BioPharm Asia Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioPharm Asia Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioPharm Asia Inc. Major Shareholders
BioPharm Asia Inc. History
BioPharm Asia Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioPharm Asia Inc. Offices and Representations
BioPharm Asia Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioPharm Asia Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioPharm Asia Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioPharm Asia Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
BioPharm Asia Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioPharm Asia Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BioPharm Asia Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioPharm Asia Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioPharm Asia Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioPharm Asia Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioPharm Asia Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioPharm Asia Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?