- The report contains detailed information about Beate Uhse AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Beate Uhse AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Beate Uhse AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Beate Uhse AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Beate Uhse AG business.
About Beate Uhse AG
Beate Uhse AG provides products and services for the erotic and sex industry world wide. The company operates its business in four divisions: Retail division, mail order division, whole-sale division, entertainment division. The company also offers holding services.
The companys retail division operates in the sex and erotic market on the basis of clear retail concepts. As of December 31, 2004, Beate Uhse retail was operating 310 stores in 10 countries across Europe. In 2004 the activities of the companys retail division in the European market were principally undertaken under the auspices of the Beate Uhse, Christine Le Duc, Kondomeriet, Mae B., and E.D.C. brands. Its shop concepts are supported by e-commerce activities and shop-in-shop co-operations. The company operates its own and franchised stores principally in Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, United Kingdom, Austria, and Switzerland.
Mail Order Division
The mail order division has access to new country markets, initial markets tests and analyses and undertaken by it. The mail order activities of the Beate Uhse are pooled under the Pabo brand. The association of the brand with the company is underlined by the competence label By Beate Uhse. The Pobo mail order major product offerings include textile products, DVDs/videos and erotica accessories, including body jewellery, wigs, and shoes.
The wholesale division of the Beate Uhse supplies elotica products that provides in approximately 60 countries around the world. It offers approximately 20,000 sex and erotica articles to its customers. The activities of Scala BV (Netherlands), AVN BV (Netherlands)), VDN BV (Netherlands), Max AB (Sweden), and ZBF GmbH (Germany) are pooled at the wholesale division centers.
The wholesale division offers products that are divided in to four areas, including DVD/videos, magazines, toys, under-wear and wellness, and miscellaneous, such as shoes, accessories, and gadgets.
The entertainment division pools all the activities in the fields of online, telephony, mobile communications, and television services. The companys entertainment division operates through Beate Uhse new media@ GmbH, Exitec AG, and COM CTX Multi Media BV, as well as its 49% holding in Beate Uhse TV GmbH & Co. KG, and its 34% interest in Erotic Media AG.
The company markets its products in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, the United Kingdom Austria, Switzerland, Scandinavia, and other European countries.
Beate Uhse AG was founded in 1946.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BEATE UHSE AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BEATE UHSE AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BEATE UHSE AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BEATE UHSE AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BEATE UHSE AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Beate Uhse AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Beate Uhse AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Beate Uhse AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Beate Uhse AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Beate Uhse AG Industry Position Analysis
6. BEATE UHSE AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BEATE UHSE AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BEATE UHSE AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BEATE UHSE AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BEATE UHSE AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BEATE UHSE AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Beate Uhse AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Beate Uhse AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Beate Uhse AG Major Shareholders
Beate Uhse AG History
Beate Uhse AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Beate Uhse AG Offices and Representations
Beate Uhse AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Beate Uhse AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Beate Uhse AG Capital Market Snapshot
Beate Uhse AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Beate Uhse AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Beate Uhse AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Beate Uhse AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Beate Uhse AG 1-year Stock Charts
Beate Uhse AG 5-year Stock Charts
Beate Uhse AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Beate Uhse AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Beate Uhse AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?