- The report contains detailed information about Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Beacon Roofing Supply Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. business.
About Beacon Roofing Supply Inc.
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. distributes residential and non-residential roofing materials in the United States and Canada. It also distributes other complementary building materials, including siding, windows, specialty lumber products, and waterproofing systems for residential and nonresidential building exteriors. The company operates 179 branches in 37 states and 3 Canadian provinces, carrying approximately 10,000 SKUs and serving approximately 40,000 customers.
The companys product portfolio includes residential and non-residential roofing products, as well as complementary building products, such as siding, windows, and specialty lumber products. Its product lines are designed primarily to meet the requirements of both residential and non-residential roofing contractors.
Residential Roofing Products: The company offers various residential roofing products that include asphalt shingles; synthetic slate and tile; clay tile; concrete tile; slate; nail base insulation; metal roofing; felt; wood shingles and shakes; nails and fasteners; metal edgings and flashings; prefabricated flashings; ridges and soffit vents; gutters and downspouts; and other accessories.
Non Residential Roofing Products: The company also offers various non residential roofing products that include single-ply roofing; asphalt; metal; modified bitumen; built-up roofing; cements and coatings; insulationflat stock and tapered; commercial fasteners; metal edges and flashings; skylights; smoke vents and roof hatches; sheet metal, including copper, aluminum, and steel; and other accessories.
Complementary Building Products: The company offers various complementary building products include siding products, such as vinyl siding, red, white and yellow cedar siding, fiber cement siding, soffits, house wraps, vapor barriers, and stone veneer; windows/door products, such as vinyl windows, aluminum windows, wood windows, turn-key windows, wood doors, and patio doors; specialty lumber products, such as redwood, redwood cedar decking, mahogany decking, pressure treated lumber, fire treated plywood, synthetic decking, PVC trim boards, millwork, and custom millwork; and other products, such as waterproofing systems, building insulation, air barrier systems, gypsum, moldings, and patio covers.
In the residential market, asphalt shingles consist of the share of the products it sells. It has also developed a specialty niche in the residential roofing market by distributing products, such as high-end shingles, copper gutters, and metal roofing products, as well as specialty lumber products for residential applications, including redwood, white and red cedar shingles, and red cedar siding. Additionally, it distributes gutters, downspouts, tools, nails, vinyl siding, windows, decking, and related exterior shelter products to meet the needs of its residential roofing customers.
In the non-residential market, single-ply roofing systems consist of the share of its products. Its single-ply roofing systems consist primarily of Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (synthetic rubber) (EPDM), and Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO), roofing materials, and related components. In addition to a range of single-ply roofing components, it sells the insulation that is required as part of major non-residential roofing applications. Its remaining non-residential products include metal roofing and flashings, fasteners, fabrics, coatings, roof drains, modified bitumen, built-up roofing, and asphalt.
The company supports its customers with the following value-added services: advice and assistance to contractors throughout the construction process, including product identification, specification and technical support; job site delivery, rooftop loading, and logistical services; tapered insulation design and layout services; metal fabrication and related metal roofing design and layout services; trade credit; and marketing support, including project leads for contractors.
The companys customer base consists of approximately 40,000 contractors, home builders, building owners, and other resellers primarily in the southeast, northeast, central plains, Midwest, southwest, and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States, as well as in eastern Canada. The companys typical customer varies by end market, with small contractors in the residential market and small to large-sized contractors in the non-residential market. Its customer base also includes general contractors, retailers and building materials suppliers.
The companys suppliers include Alcoa, BPCO, Carlisle, CertainTeed, Dow, Firestone, GAF/Elk Materials, James Hardie, Johns Manville, Owens Corning, Simonton, Tamko, and Revere Copper.
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. was founded in 1928.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Wholesale and Distribution Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Major Shareholders
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. History
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Offices and Representations
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Wholesale and Distribution Industry Statistics
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?