- The report contains detailed information about B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. business.
About B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A.
B2W Companhia Global do Varejo operates as a retail company in Brazil.
The company's portfolio consists of the brands include Americanas.com, Shoptime, Submarino, Blockbuster Online, Ingresso.com, Submarino Finance, and B2W Viagens, which offer various product and service categories through the Internet, telesales, catalogues, TV, and kiosks. It also outsources e-commerce services to companies in the B2B2C industry (business to business to consumer).
The companys product selection consists of approximately 700,000 items across approximately 30 product categories, and includes books, CDs, DVDs, electronics, computers, hardware, cameras and cellular telephones. It also sells additional online services, including travel, ticketing, and photo processing.
Americanas.com offers approximately 30 product categories through its distribution channels, such as the Internet (www.americanas.com), telesales, and kiosks. Its products include electronic goods, CDs, DVDs, IT products, home appliances, books, games, stationary, toys, telephones, and wines. It also offers services, such as photo development, songs downloads and cellular phone recharge, in addition to imported books, automotive products, home and garden products, and musical instruments. Americanas.com also operates as e-commerce operation partner for important brands, such as Coca-Cola, Xerox, TIM, Expand, Antonio Bernardo, and Havaianas.
Shoptime operates through three sales channels, such as TV channel, catalog, and the Internet (www.shoptime.com). Its TV channel reaches 14.2 million Brazilian homes, including 3.2 million Pay TV subscribers and other 11 million through open TV. Shoptimes products are focused on general home appliance items, IT products, bed and bath items, in additional to a line of kitchen and housewares under the Fun Kitchen brand.
Submarino Web site (www.submarino.com) offers a range of products divided into 25 categories, including books, IT items, CDs, DVDs, electronic products, and toys. It also offers online services through the Web sites Submarino Viagens (www.submarinoviagens.com) and Ingresso.com (www.ingresso.com), in additional to the credit card offered by Submarino Finance. It also operates as e-commerce partner to various companies, including Natura, Nokia, and Gradiente.
Ingresso.com offers technology and online sale of tickets for shows, theatres, soccer games, parks, events and movies. Ingresso.com is an online movie ticket seller in Brazil. Its clients can choose their seats online to selected movie theatres and also have their tickets digitally delivered through cellular phone operators.
B2W Viagens, through its brands Americanas Viagens, Submarino Viagens and Shoptime Viagens, offers their customers a range of services, including hotel reservation, tour packages, air tickets, cruises, and car rental. Through its new online booking infrastructure, the customers of B2W Viagens may choose and book hotels all over the country and abroad, buy international and domestic air tickets and buy tour packages, which includes transportation, accommodation, and tours.
The company, through is association with Cetelem, offers the Submarino Credit Card, which entitles the holders to finance their purchases in the Submarino Web site in up to 24 interest bearing installments, including a reward program and special promotions.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. B2W COMPANHIA GLOBAL DE VAREJO S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Major Shareholders
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. History
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Offices and Representations
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
B2W Companhia Global de Varejo S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?