- The report contains detailed information about Advance Auto Parts Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Advance Auto Parts Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Advance Auto Parts Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Advance Auto Parts Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Advance Auto Parts Inc. business.
About Advance Auto Parts Inc.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of automotive parts, accessories, and maintenance items to do-it-yourself and do-it-for-me customers in the automotive aftermarket industry.
The company operates in two segments, including Advance Auto Parts (AAP), and Autopart International (AI).
Advance Auto Parts (AAP) Segment
The AAP segment consists of its store operations with in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, which operate under the names Advance Auto Parts, Advance Discount Auto Parts, and Western Auto.
As of January 2, 2010, the company operated 3,264 AAP stores within the United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. It operated 3,238 stores throughout 39 states in the Northeastern, Southeastern and Midwestern regions of the United States. These stores operated under the Advance Auto Parts trade name except for certain stores in the state of Florida, which operated under the Advance Discount Auto Parts trade name. These stores offer a selection of brand name and proprietary automotive replacement parts, accessories, batteries and maintenance items for domestic and imported cars and light trucks. In addition, the company operated 26 stores under the Western Auto and Advance Auto Parts trade names, located in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, or Offshore.
The company also provides its customers online shopping at www.AdvanceAutoParts.com and access to approximately 100,000 parts and accessories. Its online Web site allows its customers to pick up merchandise at a conveniently located store or have their purchases shipped directly to their home or business.
The companys stores carry a standard product offering of approximately 16,000 stock keeping units (SKUs). The primary categories of product the company offers in its stores include parts, such as alternators, batteries, chassis parts, clutches, engines and engine parts, radiators, starters, transmissions and water pumps; accessories, such as floor mats, mirrors, vent shades, MP3 and cell phone accessories, and seat and steering wheel covers; chemicals, such as antifreeze, freon, fuel additives and car washes and waxes; oil and other automotive petroleum products; and other miscellaneous offerings.
The company also provides various services free of charge to its customers including battery & wiper installation; battery charging; check engine light reading where allowed by law; electrical system testing, including batteries, starters, alternators and sensors; how-to video clinics & project brochures; and oil and battery recycling.
Autopart International (AI) Segment
AIs business primarily serves the Commercial market, with an emphasis on import parts, from its store locations located primarily throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. In addition, its North American Sales Division serves warehouse distributors and jobbers throughout North America. The AI stores offer approximately 18,000 SKUs with access to an additional 17,000 SKUs through its supply chain network.
The companys primary competitors are both national and regional retail chains of automotive parts stores, including AutoZone, Inc., O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. and The Pep BoysManny, Moe & Jack; wholesalers or jobber stores, including those associated with national parts distributors or associations, such as NAPA and Carquest.
Advance Auto Parts, Inc. was founded in 1929.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Advance Auto Parts Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Advance Auto Parts Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Advance Auto Parts Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Advance Auto Parts Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Advance Auto Parts Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Major Shareholders
Advance Auto Parts Inc. History
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Offices and Representations
Advance Auto Parts Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Advance Auto Parts Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Advance Auto Parts Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Advance Auto Parts Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Advance Auto Parts Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Advance Auto Parts Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?