- The report contains detailed information about Vector Group Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vector Group Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vector Group Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vector Group Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vector Group Ltd. business.
About Vector Group Ltd.
Vector Group Ltd., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States; and development of reduced risk cigarette products. The company also engages in real estate business.
The companys primary subsidiaries include Liggett Group LLC (Liggett); Vector Tobacco, Inc.; Vector Tobacco Inc.; and New Valley LLC. New Valley owns 50% of Douglas Elliman Realty, LLC, which operates the residential brokerage company in the New York metropolitan area.
Liggett Group LLC
Liggett engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States. Liggett produces cigarettes in approximately 160 combinations of length, style and packaging. Liggetts brand portfolio includes: LIGGETT SELECT the brand in the deep discount category; GRAND PRIX a brand in the deep discount segment; EVE a brand of 120 millimeter cigarettes in the branded discount category; PYRAMID a deep discount product with a brand identity; and USA and various Partner Brands and private label brands.
Liggett Vector Brands has an agreement with Circle K Stores, Inc., which operates approximately 3,000 convenience stores in the United States under the Circle K and Macs names, to supply MONTEGO, a deep discount brand, for the Circle K and Macs stores. Liggett Vector Brands also has an agreement with Sunoco Inc., which operates approximately 675 Sunoco APlus branded convenience stores in the United States, to manufacture SILVER EAGLE. SILVER EAGLE, a deep discount brand, is exclusive to Sunoco and was the second brand to be offered under Liggett Vector Brands Partner Brands program. Liggett Vector Brands also manufactures BRONSON cigarettes as part of a multi-year Partner Brands agreement with QuikTrip, a convenience store chain with approximately 500 stores headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Sales, Marketing, Distribution, and Customers: Liggetts products are distributed from a central distribution center in Mebane, North Carolina to 17 public warehouses located throughout the United States. Liggetts customers are primarily tobacco and candy distributors, the military, warehouse club chains, and grocery, drug and convenience store chains.
Competition: The company competes with the manufacturers of cigarettes in the United States, including Philip Morris USA Inc.; Reynolds American Inc.; Lorillard Tobacco Company; and Commonwealth Brands, Inc.
Vector Tobacco Inc.
Vector Tobacco, a wholly owned subsidiary of VGR Holding, engages in the development and marketing of low nicotine and nicotine-free cigarette products in the United States. QUEST is a brand of low nicotine and nicotine-free cigarette products.
Competition: The companys competitors include Philip Morris and RJR Tobacco.
New Valley LLC
New Valley LLC, a limited liability company in Delaware, engages in the real estate business and is seeking to acquire additional real estate properties and operating companies. New Valley owns a 50% interest in Douglas Elliman Realty, LLC, which operates the residential brokerage company in the New York City metropolitan area. New Valley also holds, through its New Valley Realty Division, certain other significant real estate related investments.
Douglas Elliman Realty, LLC
Douglas Elliman Realty engages in Real Estate Brokerage Business and Residential Property Management Business.
Real Estate Brokerage Business: Douglas Elliman Realty is engaged in the real estate brokerage business through its two subsidiaries, which conduct business as Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate. The two brokerage companies have 59 offices with approximately 3,700 real estate agents in the metropolitan New York area.
The New York City brokerage operation has 14 New York City offices, with approximately 1,950 real estate agents. The Long Island brokerage operation has 45 offices and approximately 1,750 real estate agents. During 2009, the Long Island brokerage operation closed approximately 6,200 transactions.
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate serves approximately 250 communities from Manhattan to Montauk. Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate acts as a broker in residential real estate tra
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VECTOR GROUP LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VECTOR GROUP LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VECTOR GROUP LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VECTOR GROUP LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VECTOR GROUP LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vector Group Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vector Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vector Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vector Group Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Tobacco Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vector Group Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. VECTOR GROUP LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VECTOR GROUP LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VECTOR GROUP LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VECTOR GROUP LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VECTOR GROUP LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VECTOR GROUP LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vector Group Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vector Group Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vector Group Ltd. Major Shareholders
Vector Group Ltd. History
Vector Group Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vector Group Ltd. Offices and Representations
Vector Group Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vector Group Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vector Group Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Vector Group Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Tobacco Industry Statistics
Vector Group Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vector Group Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vector Group Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vector Group Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Vector Group Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Vector Group Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vector Group Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vector Group Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?