The Russian market of toys
The main objectives of the research:
1. To estimate a current state and development prospects of the Russian toys market. The covered period is 2004 – 2006. The main tendencies and forecasts of the market development for the period 2007-2008.
2. To determine expediency and possibility for investors to enter the Russian toys market.
The research database comprises:
1. Reports of The State Duma Committee on women’s, families’ and children’s affairs; documents of The Russian Federation State Standart; statistics and forecasts provided by the Ministry of Finance, Central Bank, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Ministry of Health and Social Development, Federal Statistics Service, Federal Customs Service.
2. Researches data and expert judgments of National Association of toys producers, National Agency “Expert RA”, Fund “Tehnologii i razvitie”, companies: “Komcon”, “TGI-Russia”, “Step by step”, “Russian Baby Index”, National Institute of entrepreneurship problems’ analysis, Moscow State Psychologic Teacher’s Training Institute, Association of the Russian communication agencies.
3. News releases of companies, expert judgements of mass media, the Internet.
Potential capacity of the Russian toys market and active development of customer demand guarantee a high growth rate - not less than 20-25 % annually.
The market depends on the standard of well-being, social and demographic situation. Because of this, national nature of the branch has a significant regional differentiation. The most developed markets are those of Moscow, St.-Petersburg, and other big cities of commercially developed regions of the country.
The Russian manufacturers’ market share is about 10% and according to analytic opinion it will decrease. But along with this fact, the toys made in Russia and exported to foreign countries are rather popular there. Therefore, Russian toys can successfully compete in the national market with imported toys. It is supposed that attention of the Government to the branch problems and direct support of national producers should lead to the growth of their market share in Russia.
Consumers’ preferences by types of products greatly depend on the region. Today it is reasonable to consider soft toys segment to be a brand, which is developing much faster than other types of toys.
A general culture of consumers’ preferences is being formed by parents in accordance with their understanding of utility of these or that toys. And it’s important to say, that foreign brands are especially popular.
At the moment interactive products are replacing traditional toys. More over, there are niches, where market players are not so active. These are developmental, intellectual, musical, board and sport games. A certain market share can be taken up by Russian brands, which have not appeared on this market segments yet.
Owing to a big market share of imported goods, the most effective distribution and sale systems are based on the network sales. At the same time multidisciplinary sale is widely used here as well.
On the whole it can be said that the Russian market of toys has a high investment appeal and provides good prospects of carrying on effective business for the investors, entering the market.
1. The main macroeconomic indices of Russia
2. General characteristics of the Russian toys market
3. Macroeconomic condition of the toys market
4. Description of the main product groups
5. The size and capacity of the toys market
6. Peculiarities of the Russian toys market
7. Peculiarities of price formation and discounts
8. Investment appeal of the market
9. Formative and international organizations of the market
10. Market tendencies
11. Competitive analysis of business environment
12. Imports– the leading market players and popular brands
14. The Russian production
15. The largest manufacturers and suppliers of goods
16. Merges and acquisitions, strategic alliances and associations in the market
17. Consumers’ preferences and demand
18. Potential and appeal of a child audience
19. Consumers’ segmentation by social and demographic indices
20. Consumers’ segmentation with description of these segments
21. Consumers’ motivation, factors and behavior when buying products
22. Elasticity of demand
23. Media preferences of consumers
24. Description of the market sale system
25. Review of the largest market players
26. Peculiarities of the Moscow’s toys market
27. Peculiarities of the St.-Petersburg’s toys market
28. Market potential and its main development tendencies
The list of appendixes, tables and diagrams will be given by request.