Indonesia's fashion jewelry and accessories industry has been exhibiting continued growth in annual exports over the past three years.
The development is driven by revitalized demand from major markets such as the US, which is gradually recovering from the global economic crisis. Shipments to emerging destinations such as the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and South America are also increasing.
The industry relies on a number of strengths to keep up with growing turnover and cope with intense competition from other sourcing centers in Asia. The most important of these is accessibility to various types of natural materials that result in designs not readily available from other supply hubs. Companies also generally have low MOQs, which provides flexibility to customers.
This report focuses on the main types of fashion jewelry and accessories from Indonesia – jewelry, fashion bags and wallets, belts, and headwear and neckwear.
This Indonesia Sourcing Report is part of the Developing Country Sourcing Report series designed to provide buyers with information on new products from export manufacturers in Southeast Asia that specialize in handmade merchandise.
What you'll get
- In-depth profiles of 15 major suppliers with a comprehensive look at their product and pricing strategy, manufacturing and export capability, verified contact details, and more – this information is not available anywhere else
- Verified supplier contact details of an additional 15 exporters, including names, e-mails, telephone numbers, websites and key products
- Supplier information in tabular format to help you compare suppliers at a glance
- Results of the custom-designed supplier survey, which forecasts industry trends for the next 12 months
- An extensive overview of the industry discussing the main challenges facing suppliers
- An in-depth examination of the supplier base highlighting key characteristics of the different types of companies
- Details of the primary production centers
- An update of the latest trends in design, R&D, materials and components
- A review of the key factors that influence the price and quality of low-end, midrange and high-end products
- Comprehensive pricing tables featuring export price ranges
Objective, methodology & scope
Products & prices
Production & export statistics
Supplier matrix: Comparison of supplier location, sales revenue & export capability
Profiles of 30 verified suppliers
Fashion bags & wallets
Headwear & neckwear
The fashion jewelry and accessories industry in Indonesia is showing sustained development, as evidencedby rising demand from key marketsabroad.
Foreign revenue has been increasingover the past three years, at an averageof 22 percent annually. In 2011, exports of bags and wallets climbed 56 percent compared with the previous year. Fashion bags accounted for one-tenthof the segment’s output. Jewelry is thesector’s second fastest-growing line assales surged 23 percent YoY.
The industry’s marked developmentis attributed to the US economy’s gradual recovery. Escalating orders fromemerging destinations such as the Asia-Pacific region and South America arepropelling revenue as well. The US is the dominant overseas market, registering $170 million worthof orders last year. This is a significant improvement from the previous period’s $124 million. Singapore is thesecond-biggest destination, taking up $68.2 million. The UK absorbs $32.7million.
The industry has several strengths that contribute to its development.
First is the ready availability of raw materials. Natural components can be procured across the country,particularly in the provinces of Bali, and East, Central and West Java.
Another competitive edge ofthe sector is low minimum order requirement. Most manufacturers allow outbound shipments of 50 pieces. Large items have even smaller MOQs atfive pieces or less. Makers are like wise flexible regarding replacement, refundand payment policies.
Difficulty in establishing footholds in emerging destinations is one of these roadblocks. Local suppliers plan to attract more clients in new markets such as Russia, China, SouthKorea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, India, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt,South Africa, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico.
The material was prepared in July, 2013.