- The report contains detailed information about USANA Health Sciences Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for USANA Health Sciences Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The USANA Health Sciences Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes USANA Health Sciences Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of USANA Health Sciences Inc. business.
About USANA Health Sciences Inc.
USANA Health Sciences, Inc. engages in the development and manufacture of science-based nutritional and personal care products.
The company sells products from two primary product lines: USANA Nutritionals, which includes supplements and functional foods; and Sensebeautiful science (Sense), a line of skin and personal care products. The USANA Nutritionals product line is further categorized into three separate classifications: Essentials, Optimizers, and USANA Foods.
The Essentials include core vitamin and mineral supplements that provide a foundation of nutrition for every age group. The company offers: Usanimals, a formulation of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, in a chewable tablet for children who are 13 months to 12 years old; and Body Rox, a nutritional supplement containing 31 essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and cofactors for adolescents who are 12 to 18 years old. USANA Essentials for adults consists of two products: Mega Antioxidant, a balanced potency blend of 30 vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients to support cellular metabolism and to counteract free-radical damage; and Chelated Mineral, a spectrum of essential minerals, in balanced, absorbable forms. The USANA Essentials are also a part of the HealthPak 100, a pillow pack that also includes key Optimizers. In addition, customers have the option of creating their own customized supplement packaging system, similar to the HealthPak 100, called MyHealthPak, which can include Optimizers, as well as Essentials.
The Optimizers category consists of the company's targeted supplements that are designed to meet individual health and nutritional needs. The Optimizers support cardiovascular health, skeletal/structural health, digestive health, and more and are intended to be used in conjunction with the Essentials. Products in this category include Proflavanol, Poly C, Procosa II, CoQuinone 30, BiOmega-3, E-Prime, BodyRoxActive Calcium Chewable, Active Calcium, PhytoEstrin, Palmetto Plus, Ginkgo-PS, Garlic EC, Visionex, OptOmega, PureRest, and Hepasil DTX. It also introduced two new Optimizers during 2009, a Vitamin D booster supplement and a probiotic supplement. The Probiotic product contains a blend of probiotic bacteria that has been clinically proven to survive the acidic environment of the stomach and to colonize the gastrointestinal tract.
USANA Foods is the company's third USANA Nutritionals product line that includes low-glycemic meal replacement shakes, snack bars and other related products that provide optimal macro-nutrition (complex carbohydrates, complete proteins, and beneficial fats) in great tasting and convenient formats. USANA Foods can be used along with Essentials and Optimizers to provide a healthy diet and sustained energy throughout the day. USANA Foods include Nutrimeal, Fibergy, and SoyaMax drink mixes, Nutrition Bars, and Rev3 energy drinks. The company's RESET weight management program and the accompanying RESET kit are also part of the USANA Foods line.
The Sense product line includes science-based, personal care products that support healthy skin and hair by providing topical nourishment, moisturization, and protection. Products in this line include Perfecting Essence, Gentle Daily Cleanser, Hydrating Toner, Daytime Protective Emulsion, Eye Nourisher, Night Renewal, Serum Intensive, Rice Bran Polisher, Creme Masque, Revitalizing Shampoo, Nourishing Conditioner, Firming Body Nourisher, Energizing Shower Gel, and Intensive Hand Therapy.
In addition to these principal product lines, the company develops and sells materials and online tools that are designed to assist its associates in building their businesses and in marketing its products. These resource materials and sales tools include product brochures and business forms that are designed by the company and are printed by outside publishers. In addition, the company occasionally provides reprints of other commercial publications that feature USANA and may be used as a sales tool. The company also periodically contracts with authors and publishers to produce or provide books, tapes, and other items that deal with health topics and personal motivation, which it then sells to its associates.
The companys international markets include Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea, and direct sales from the United States to customers in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. It also has operations in the Philippines.
The company's competitors include Amway Corporation; Avon Products, Inc.; Herbalife Ltd., Inc.; Mannatech; Market America, Inc.; Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.; NBTY, Inc.; and Schiff Nutrition International, Inc.
USANA Health Sciences, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. USANA Health Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of USANA Health Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of USANA Health Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. USANA Health Sciences Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. USANA Health Sciences Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. USANA HEALTH SCIENCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Major Shareholders
USANA Health Sciences Inc. History
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Offices and Representations
USANA Health Sciences Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
USANA Health Sciences Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
USANA Health Sciences Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
USANA Health Sciences Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
USANA Health Sciences Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
USANA Health Sciences Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?