- The report contains detailed information about United-Guardian Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United-Guardian Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United-Guardian Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United-Guardian Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United-Guardian Inc. business.
About United-Guardian Inc.
United-Guardian, Inc., through its Guardian Laboratories Division (Guardian), conducts research, product development, manufacturing, and marketing of cosmetic ingredients, personal and health care products, pharmaceuticals, and specialty industrial products.
The company conducts research, product development, manufacturing, and marketing of cosmetic ingredients, personal and health care products, pharmaceuticals, and specialty industrial products.
LUBRAJEL is a line of water-based moisturizing and lubricating gel formulations that are used as ingredients in personal care and medical products. In the personal care industry, they are used primarily as moisturizers and bases for other cosmetic ingredients, and can be found as an ingredient in skin creams, moisturizers, makeup, and body lotions. For medical products, their primary use is as a lubricant. Some of the other varieties of LUBRAJEL sold for cosmetic use (all using the LUBRAJEL name) are MS, DV, TW, NP, WA, PF and LUBRAJEL II XD.
LUBRAJEL PF is a preservative-free form of LUBRAJEL being marketed primarily by Societe D'Etudes Dermatologiques (Sederma), a subsidiary of Croda International Plc (Croda), under Sedermas tradename Norgel. Sederma is the company's marketing partner and distributor in France and, along with its parent company, Croda, is a major supplier of cosmetic ingredients in Europe. The product is distributed by some of the company's other marketing partners under the LUBRAJEL PF tradename. Tests conducted by Sederma indicated that the product self-preserves, and aides in the preservation of other cosmetic ingredients with which it is formulated.
LUBRASIL is a special type of LUBRAJEL in which silicone oil is incorporated into a LUBRAJEL base by microemulsification, thereby maintaining much of the clarity of regular LUBRAJEL. The product has a silky feel, and is water resistant while moisturizing the skin. The newest products in the LUBRASIL line are the new LUBRASIL II products, which consist of LUBRASIL II DM and LUBRASIL II SB. Both products contain higher levels of silicone than the original LUBRASIL products, and are intended to be additions to the line, not replacements for the original LUBRASIL.
LUBRAJEL II XD is a version of LUBRAJEL that was developed to be a drop-in replacement for one of the competitive products to LUBRAJEL.
KLENSOFT is a surfactant (a surface active agent, such as a soap or detergent that can reduce the surface tension of a liquid and thus allow it to foam or penetrate solids or act as a wetting agent) that can be used in shampoos, shower gels, makeup removers, and other cosmetic formulations.
UNITWIX is a cosmetic additive used as a thickener for oils and oil-based liquids. It is a proprietary, unpatented product.
CONFETTI DERMAL DELIVERY FLAKES incorporates various functional oil-soluble ingredients into colorful flakes that can be added to, and suspended in, various water-based products. The product color and ingredients can be customized to meet the needs of individual customers.
ORCHID COMPLEX is a successor product to the company's previous Oil of Orchids product, and is a base for skin creams, lotions, cleansers, and other cosmetics. It is an extract of fresh orchids, modified by extractants, stabilizers, and preservatives. It may also be used in fragrance products such as perfumes and toiletries. It is sold in two forms, water-soluble and oil-soluble.
LUBRASLIDE and a related product, B-122, are powdered lubricants used in the manufacture of cosmetics, such as pressed powders, eye liners, and rouges. They are used as binders for these products.
RAZORIDE is a hypo-allergenic, non-foaming, water-based shaving product that is surfactant- and soap-free. It is intended to be a finished product.
PLEXAJEL ASC is a water-based gel product that was developed to produce clear, low-pH personal care products with moisturizing properties.
AQUATHIK is a powder that is used as a gelling agent for aqueous solutions or emulsions with a pH below 7.
HYDRAJEL PL is a personal lubricant originally developed specifically for the feminine per
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United-Guardian Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United-Guardian Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United-Guardian Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United-Guardian Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United-Guardian Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED-GUARDIAN INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United-Guardian Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United-Guardian Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United-Guardian Inc. Major Shareholders
United-Guardian Inc. History
United-Guardian Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United-Guardian Inc. Offices and Representations
United-Guardian Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United-Guardian Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United-Guardian Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
United-Guardian Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
United-Guardian Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United-Guardian Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United-Guardian Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United-Guardian Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
United-Guardian Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
United-Guardian Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United-Guardian Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United-Guardian Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?