- The report contains detailed information about Synutra International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Synutra International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Synutra International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Synutra International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Synutra International Inc. business.
About Synutra International Inc.
Synutra International, Inc. operates as an infant formula company in the Peoples Republic of China. The company produces, markets, and distributes dairy based nutritional products under the Shengyuan, or Synutra, name, together with other complementary brands.
The company focuses on selling premium infant formula products, which are supplemented by infant formula products targeting the mass market, as well as other nutritional products, such as adult powdered formula and prepared baby food, and certain nutritional ingredients and supplements.
The company sells its products through a nationwide sales and distribution network, including independent distributors, covering 30 provinces and provincial-level municipalities in China. As of March 31, 2010, this network comprised approximately 540 independent distributors and approximately 1,000 independent sub-distributors who sell its products in approximately 71,000 retail outlets.
The companys nutritional products are grouped by category of production process and usage, as well as internal resources allocation: Powdered Formula; Baby Foods; Nutritional Ingredients and Supplements; and Other Business.
Powdered Formula Products
The Powdered Formula segment includes powdered infant and adult formula products sold under its Super, U-Smart, Mingshan, and Helanruniu sub-brands. Infant formula is its primary product line in the powdered formula segment. The company supplements its powdered infant formula products with other nutritional products for both adults and children. Its products are targeted at, and come in formulations that are developed to address specific types of consumer profiles, such as middle-aged and elderly consumers with cardiologic health issues, diabetic conditions, and calcium deficiency. It has also developed a product specially designed for young adults to address their calcium and other nutrient fortification needs.
Baby Food Products
The Baby Food segment covers the sale of prepared baby food for babies and children sold under its Huiliduo sub-brand. These products are designed to be part of a childs healthy diet.
Nutritional Ingredients and Supplements
The Nutritional ingredients and supplements segment covers the production and sale of nutritional ingredients and supplements, such as chondroitin sulfate, microencapsulated Docosahexanoic Acid (DHA), and Arachidonic Acid (ARA).
The companys other business includes non-core operations, such as toll packaging, toll drying service, and sales of ingredients and materials to industrial customers.
The company's primary operating subsidiaries include Shengyuan Nutritional Food Co., Ltd., which is engaged in the dry-blending, packaging, shipping, and distribution of all of its powdered formula products; Heilongjiang Mingshan Dairy Co., Ltd., which is engaged in raw milk processing and the production of powdered formula; Zhangjiakou Shengyuan Dairy Co., Ltd., which is engaged in raw milk processing and the production of powdered formula; Inner Mongolia Mengyuan Food Co., Ltd., which is engaged in raw milk processing; Meitek Technology (Qingdao) Co., Ltd., which produces certain nutritional supplements and ingredients; Heilongjiang Baoquanling Shengyuan Dairy Co., Ltd., which is engaged in raw milk processing and the production of powdered formula; Beijing Shengyuan Huiliduo Food Technology Co., Ltd., which produces prepared baby food; Beijing Shengyuan Huimin Technology Service Co., which Ltd., which intends to provide diagnostic services for pregnant women through medical institutions; and Global Food Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., which engages in the sale and distribution of Helanruniu brand products.
The company purchases its whey protein powder from Euroserum S.A.S.
The companys competitors include Abbot Laboratories Ross Products Division; Mead Johnson Nutrition Co.; Groupe Danone SAs Numico division; Nestle Suisse SA; Wyeth; Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co., Ltd.; Beingmate Group Company Limited; Guangdong Yashili Group Co., Ltd.; and American Dairy, Inc.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Synutra International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Synutra International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Synutra International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Synutra International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Synutra International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Synutra International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Synutra International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Synutra International Inc. Major Shareholders
Synutra International Inc. History
Synutra International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Synutra International Inc. Offices and Representations
Synutra International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Synutra International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Synutra International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Synutra International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Synutra International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Synutra International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Synutra International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Synutra International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Synutra International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Synutra International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Synutra International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Synutra International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?