Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. business.
About Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., a consumer products company, offers consumer batteries; small appliances; pet supplies; electric shaving and grooming; electric personal care; portable lighting; and home and garden control products.
The company manages its business in four reportable segments: Global Batteries and Personal Care, which consists of its worldwide battery, shaving and grooming, personal care and portable lighting business (Global Batteries and Personal Care); Global Pet Supplies, which consists of its worldwide pet supplies business (Global Pet Supplies); the Home and Garden Business, which consists of its home and garden control product offerings, including household insecticides, repellants, and herbicides (the Home and Garden Business); and Small Appliances, which consists of small electrical appliances primarily in the kitchen and home product categories (Small Appliances).
The companys line of products includes consumer batteries, including alkaline and zinc carbon batteries, rechargeable batteries and chargers and hearing aid batteries and other specialty batteries; pet supplies, including aquatic equipment and supplies, dog and cat treats, small animal foods, clean up and training aids, health and grooming products, and bedding; home and garden control products, including household insect controls, insect repellents, and herbicides; electric shaving and grooming devices; small appliances, including small kitchen appliances and home product appliances; electric personal care and styling devices; and portable lighting.
The company markets and sells a line of alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, C, D and 9-volt sizes) to both retail and industrial customers. Its alkaline batteries are marketed and sold primarily under the Rayovac and VARTA brands. The company also manufactures alkaline batteries for third parties who sell the batteries under their own private labels. The companys zinc carbon batteries are also marketed and sold primarily under the Rayovac and VARTA brands and are designed for low- and medium-drain battery-powered devices.
The company also markets and distributes hearing aid batteries. It sells its hearing aid batteries through retail trade channels and directly to professional audiologists under various brand names and private labels, including Beltone, Miracle Ear, and Starkey. The company also sells Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries and a variety of battery chargers under the Rayovac and VARTA brands.
The companys other specialty battery products include camera batteries, lithium batteries, silver oxide batteries, keyless entry batteries and coin cells for use in watches, cameras, calculators, communications equipment, and medical instruments.
In the pet supplies product category, the company markets and sells various branded pet supplies for fish, dogs, cats, birds, and other small domestic animals. It has a line of consumer and commercial aquatics products, including integrated aquarium kits, standalone tanks and stands, filtration systems, heaters, pumps, and other equipment, fish food and water treatment products. The companys major aquatics brands are Tetra, Marineland, Whisper, Jungle, and Instant Ocean. It also sells various specialty pet products, including dog and cat treats, small animal food and treats, clean up and training aid products, health and grooming aids, and bedding products. The companys major specialty pet brands include 8-in-1, Dingo, Firstrax, Natures Miracle, and Wild Harvest.
Home and Garden Control Products
In the home and garden control products category, the company sells and markets various home and garden care products, including household insecticides, insect repellent, herbicides, garden and indoor plant foods, and plant care treatments. The company offers an array of household insecticides, such as spider, roach and ant killer, flying insect killer, insect foggers, wasp and hornet killer, flea and tick control products, and roach and ant baits. The company also manufactures and markets a line of insect repellent products that provide protection from inse
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPECTRUM BRANDS HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. History
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?