- The report contains detailed information about Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Scott's Liquid Gold Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. business.
About Scott's Liquid Gold Inc.
Scotts Liquid Gold-Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and marketing of household and skin care products. The company also distributes beauty care products contained in individual sachets manufactured by Montagne Jeunesse in the United States.
The company operates in two segments, Household Products and Skin Care Products.
Household Products consist of Scotts Liquid Gold for wood, a wood preservative and cleaner; a wood wash and wood wipes under the name of Scotts Liquid Gold; Scotts Liquid Gold Mold Control 500, a consumer product that helps rid homes of mold; Touch of Scent, an aerosol room air freshener; and Clean Screen, a surface cleaner for sensitive electronics. The company operates the skin care business through its subsidiary, Neoteric Cosmetics, Inc.
Skin Care Products
Skin Care Products consist primarily of Alpha Hydrox products and Neoteric Diabetic product. The company acts as the distributor in the United States for other beauty, bath and hair care products manufactured by Montagne Jeunesse, Vivalis Limited (Batiste dry shampoo), COSMEX International (Davinci & Moosehead mens grooming products), Baylis & Harding, and Keyline Brands.
Scotts Liquid Gold for wood, when applied to wood surfaces, such as furniture, paneling, kitchen cabinets, outside stained doors and decking, penetrates microscopic pores in the surface and lubricates beneath, restoring moisture and minimizes the appearance of scratches, darkening the wood slightly. Scotts Liquid Gold preserves woods natural complexion and beauty without wax. The company offers wood care product in a wipe form and a wood wash product, both under the Scotts Liquid Gold product line.
The company offers mold remediation product, Mold Control 500. Scotts Liquid Gold Mold Control 500 is a restoration, remediation and antibacterial disinfectant system designed for consumer use on mildew, fungus, mold, and fungal spores. The company offers Clean Screen a cleaner for sensitive electronics, such as flat-screen televisions and computer monitors, smart phones, and GPS devices. It also offers Little Clean Screen.
The company offers room air freshener Touch of Scent, to its line of household products. Touch of Scent, available in fragrances, is intended to be used in conjunction with a decorative dispenser which can be mounted on any hard surface and into which the consumer inserts an aerosol refill unit. At a touch, the dispenser propels the fragrance from a refill unit into the air.
The company markets two skin care products under the trade name of Alpha Hydrox. It offers four Alpha Hydrox products with refined formulas and Alpha Hydrox White line of products. Its Alpha Hydrox skin care products are sold through a wholly owned subsidiary, Neoteric Cosmetics, Inc. Except for the Montagne Jeunesse sachets distributed by the company, its skin care products are manufactured by Neoteric Cosmetics.
The companys products with alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) include facial care products, a body lotion and a foot crème. Its other skin care products do not contain AHAs. These products include Neoteric Diabetic Skin Care, which is a healing creme and a therapeutic moisturizer developed by the company to address the skin conditions of diabetics, caused by poor blood circulation, and which contains a patented oxygenated oil technology; an Alpha Hydrox Oxygenated Moisturizer, which is its second skin care product based on the oxygenated oil technology; a Retinol product containing a patented Microsponge technology that softens fine lines and wrinkles; and a body wash.
The company sells skin care sachets under a distributorship agreement with Montagne Jeunesse. Its agreement covers sales in the United States. Montagne Jeunesse is a trading division of Medical Express (U.K.), Ltd., a company located in England. Montagne Jeunesse sachet products are sold in approximately 70 countries.
Other products distributed in the United States by the company as of December 31, 2009 are Batiste dry shampoo in aerosol form for mass merchandise, drug and grocery stores, and bath, body and hair care products of both Keyline and Baylis & Harding.
Marketing and Distribution
The company's products are sold nationally, directly and through independent brokers, to mass marketers, drugstores, supermarkets, and other retail outlets and to wholesale distributors. Its products are sold nationally and internationally (primarily Canada), directly and through independent brokers, to mass merchandisers, drug stores, supermarkets, wholesale distributors, and other retail outlets. In 2009, the companys major customer was Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
The companys sole supply for the oxygenated oil used in Neoteric Diabetic Skin Care products is a French company with which it has a supply agreement.
The companys wholly owned subsidiary, Neoteric Cosmetics, Inc. (Neoteric), has a distribution agreement with Montagne Jeunesse International Ltd (Montagne Jeunesse) covering its distribution of Montagne Jeunesse products.
The company has a Product Development, Production and Marketing Agreement with Modec, Inc., a Colorado corporation. Pursuant to this Agreement, it purchases from Modec a product for the treatment of mold; it sells this product as Mold Control 500.
Scotts Liquid Gold,-Inc. was founded in 1954.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SCOTT'S LIQUID GOLD INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Major Shareholders
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. History
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Offices and Representations
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Scott's Liquid Gold Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?