- The report contains detailed information about Revlon, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Revlon, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Revlon, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Revlon, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Revlon, Inc. business.
About Revlon, Inc.
Revlon, Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Revlon Consumer Products Corporation (Products Corporation), engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of cosmetics, womens hair color, beauty tools, anti-perspirants/deodorants, fragrances, skincare, and other beauty care products.
The companys products are sold worldwide and marketed under such brand names as Revlon, including the Revlon ColorStay, Revlon Super Lustrous, and Revlon Age Defying franchises, as well as the Almay brand, including the Almay Intense i-Color and Almay Smart Shade franchises, in cosmetics; Revlon ColorSilk in womens hair color; Revlon in beauty tools; Mitchum anti-perspirants/deodorants; Charlie and Jean Naté in fragrances; and Ultima II and Gatineau in skincare.
The company conducts business through Products Corporation. It manufactures and markets a variety of products worldwide.
Cosmetics Revlon: The company sells a range of cosmetics under its Revlon brand designed to fulfill consumer needs, principally priced in the upper range of the mass retail channel, including face, lip, eye and nail products.
The company sells face makeup, including foundation, powder, blush and concealers, under the Revlon brand name. Revlon Age Defying, which is targeted for women in the over-35 age bracket, incorporates the companys patented Botafirm ingredients to help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The companys new Revlon Age Defying Spa foundation and concealer were introduced in 2009. The company also markets a range of Revlon ColorStay liquid and powder face makeup with patented long-wearing ingredients and SoftFlex technology. The Revlon ColorStay Mineral collection includes Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse makeup and Revlon ColorStay Mineral foundation, as well as Revlon ColorStay Mineral pressed blush and bronzer. The Revlon Beyond Natural collection, focusing on a naturally glamorous look, offers skin-tone matching liquid foundation. For 2010, the company launched Revlon PhotoReady makeup, powder and finisher. The company has also launched Revlon Age Defying Spa face illuminator, which uses light reflection to enhance skin.
The company markets different lines of Revlon lip makeup, including lipstick, lip gloss and lip liner, under several Revlon brand names. Revlon Super Lustrous is the companys wax-based lipcolor, offered in a variety of shades of lipstick and lip gloss, and has LiquiSilk technology designed to offer moisturization using silk dispersed in emollients.
The companys Revlon ColorStay Mineral lipglaze is its long-wearing lip gloss with up to eight hours of wear. For 2009, the company introduced Revlon Cremé Gloss, a lip gloss that provides pigmented color and Revlon ColorStay Ultimate liquid lipstick, the lipcolor that has patented ColorStay long-wearing technology with food-proof wear for up to 12 hours in one step. For 2010, the Company launched Revlon ColorBurst lipstick, a lipstick available in 20 shades with Elasticolor technology that provides an instant burst of color that feels weightless on lips.
The companys eye makeup products include mascaras, eyeliners, eye shadows, and brow products, under Revlon brand names. In mascaras, franchises include Fabulash, which uses a lash perfecting brush for fuller lashes, and Revlon Lash Fantasy Total Definition, a two-step primer and mascara with lash separating brushes. In 2009, the company launched Revlon DoubleTwist mascara featuring a two-in-one patent-pending brush.
In eyeliners, Revlon Luxurious Color liner uses a formula to provide color. In addition, in 2009, the company introduced Revlon Luxurious Color kohl eyeliner for matte color. In eye shadow, Revlon ColorStay 12-Hour patented long-wearing eyeshadow enables color to look fresh for up to 12 hours. In 2009, the company also introduced Revlon Matte eye shadows. For 2010, the company extended its eye shadow offering and introduced Revlon Luxurious Color eyeshadow in satin and perle finishes.
The companys nail color and nail care lines include enamels, treatments, and cuticle preparations. The companys core Revlon nail enamel uses a patented formula that provides con
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REVLON, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REVLON, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REVLON, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REVLON, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REVLON, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Revlon, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Revlon, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Revlon, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Revlon, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Revlon, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. REVLON, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REVLON, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REVLON, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REVLON, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REVLON, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REVLON, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Revlon, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Revlon, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Revlon, Inc. Major Shareholders
Revlon, Inc. History
Revlon, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Revlon, Inc. Offices and Representations
Revlon, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Revlon, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Revlon, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Revlon, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Revlon, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Revlon, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Revlon, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Revlon, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Revlon, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Revlon, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Revlon, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Revlon, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?