- The report contains detailed information about Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Prestige Brands Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. business.
About Prestige Brands Holdings Inc.
Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. engages in the marketing, sales, and distribution of over-the-counter healthcare, personal care, and household cleaning brands to mass merchandisers, drug stores, grocery stores, supermarkets, club, and dollar stores primarily the United States, Canada, and certain other international markets.
The company conducts its operations through three business segments: Over-the-Counter Healthcare, Household Cleaning, and Personal Care.
Over-the-Counter Healthcare Segment
The companys portfolio of Over-the-Counter Healthcare products consists primarily of Clear Eyes, Murine, Chloraseptic, Compound W, Wartner, the Little Remedies line of pediatric healthcare products, The Doctors brand of oral care products, and first aid products, such as New-Skin and Dermoplast. The companys other brands in this category include Percogesic, Freezone, Mosco, Outgro, Sleep-Eze, and Compoz.
Clear Eyes: Clear Eyes has been marketed as an eye care product that helps take redness away and helps moisturize the eye. Clear Eyes is a brand in the over-the-counter personal eye care category.
Murine: Murine products consist of lubricating, soothing eye drops, and ear wax removal aids.
Chloraseptic: Chloraseptics 6 oz. cherry liquid sore throat spray is a product in the sore throat liquids/sprays segment.
Compound W: Compound W products are specially designed to provide relief from common and plantar warts and are sold in multiple forms of treatment depending on the consumers need, including Fast-Acting Liquid, Fast-Acting Gel, One Step Pads for Kids, One Step Pads for Adults, and Freeze Off , a cryogenic-based wart removal system.
Wartner: Wartner is a brand in wart removal category of the cryogenic segment.
The Doctors: The Doctors is a line of products designed to help consumers that are motivated to maintain good oral hygiene in between dental office visits. The market is driven primarily by two niche segments, bruxism (nighttime teeth grinding) and interdental cleaning. The Doctors NightGuard dental protector is an over-the-counter treatment for bruxism.
Little Remedies: Little Remedies is a line of pediatric over-the-counter products that contain no alcohol, saccharin, artificial flavors, or coloring dyes, including Little Noses, a product line consisting of an assortment of saline products, including a Saline Mist spray; Little Colds, a product line consisting of a multi-symptom cold relief formula, sore throat relief products, a cough relief formula, a decongestant and a combined decongestant plus cough relief formula; and Little Tummys, a product line consisting of gas relief drops, laxative drops, as well as gripe water, an herbal supplement used to ease discomfort often associated with colic and hiccups, and Little Teethers, a product line offering teething relief.
New-Skin: New-Skin consists of liquid bandages that are designed to replace traditional bandages to use for the protection of small cuts and scrapes.
Dermoplast: Dermoplast is an aerosol spray anesthetic for minor topical pain. The primary use in hospitals is for post-episiotomy pain, post-partum hemorrhoid pain, and for the relief of female genital itching. Dermoplast offers sanitary and first-aid relief for pain and itching from minor skin irritations, including sunburn, insect bites, minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Household Cleaning Segment
The companys portfolio of household cleaning brands includes the Comet, Chore Boy and Spic, and Span brands.
Comet: Comet is the household cleaning brand in the abrasive and non-abrasive tub and tile cleaner sub-category of the household cleaning category that includes abrasive powders, creams, liquids, and non-abrasive sprays. Comet products include various cleaning powders, spray, and cream, both abrasive and non-abrasive.
Chore Boy: Chore Boy scrubbing pads and sponges include metal and non-metal scrubbers that are used for various household cleaning tasks. Chore Boy products are sold in food and drug stores, mass merchandisers, and in hardware, and convenience stores.
Spic and Span: Spic and Span is marketed as the home cleaner with three product lines consisting of dilutables, an anti-bacterial hard surface spray for counter tops, and glass cleaners. These products can be used for multi-room and multi-surface cleaning.
Personal Care Segment
The companys personal care brand is Cutex nail products.
Cutex: Cutex is the branded nail polish remover, has products in two main categories: liquids and convenience implements, including pads, pump action bottles, and manicure correction pens.
The companys principal customers include Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Target, and Dollar Tree.
The company's suppliers include Fitzpatrick Bros. Inc.; Procter & Gamble; Access Business Group; Aspen Pharmacare; and Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
The companys competitors in the over-the-counter healthcare category include Johnson & Johnson, maker of Visine; McNeil-PPC, maker of Tylenol Sore Throat; Procter & Gamble, maker of Vicks; and Combe Incorporated, maker of Cepacol. Other competitors in the over-the-counter healthcare category include Schering-Plough, maker of Dr. Scholls; GlaxoSmithKline, maker of Debrox; Sunstar America, Inc., maker of GUM line of oral care products; and DenTek Oral Care, Inc.
The company's competitors in the household cleaning category include Henkel AG & Co., maker of Soft Scrub; Colgate-Palmolive Company, maker of Ajax Cleanser;, and The Clorox Company, maker of Tilex. It also competes with 3M Company, maker of Scotch-Brite, O-Cel-O, and Dobie brands.
The company's competitors in the personal care category include Coty, Inc., maker of Sally Hansen.
In 2009, the company sold its three shampoo brands - Prell Shampoo, Denorex Dandruff Shampoo, and Zincon Dandruff Shampoo from the Personal Care segment.
Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRESTIGE BRANDS HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. History
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Prestige Brands Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?