- The report contains detailed information about Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Physicians Formula Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. business.
About Physicians Formula Holdings Inc.
Physicians Formula Holdings, Inc. operates as a cosmetics company in the United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing products for the mass market channel. Its products address specific, everyday cosmetics needs and include face powders, bronzers, concealers, blushes, foundations, eye shadows, eye liners, brow makeup and mascaras.
The company sells products in the mass market channel to retailers, such as Wal-Mart, CVS, Target and Rite Aid. As of March 15, 2010, the companys products are being sold in approximately 23,700 of the 45,000 stores. Its primary product categories are face and eye makeup.
Face makeup: The company divides this category into face powders, bronzers, concealers, face color (blush) and foundation/tinted moisturizers. The companys face powders and bronzers typically address minor imperfections and require a one-step application. The companys concealers and neutralizers use color correction to address significant imperfections, such as under-eye circles, blemishes, scars, birthmarks and post-cosmetic surgery discolorations. The companys foundations and tinted moisturizers address uneven skin tone and provide skin protection. The company also markets face powders in the masstige market. The companys face powder products include Powder Palette, a multi-colored face powder based on color correction principles, Mineral Wear, a pressed and loose talc-free mineral face powder developed for sensitive and breakout-prone skin, and Organic wear.
The companys bronzers include Magic Mosaic, a multi-colored bronzer that lets customize shade from dark to light, Shimmer Strips, a multi-colored, shimmering bronzer for a glamorous tan glow, and Summer Eclipse, a multi-colored bronzing and shimmery face powder for a radiant tan glow.
The companys concealer products include Gentle Cover, Concealer Twins and Conceal Rx. The company has a range of yellow, green and flesh tone concealers aimed at covering and correcting skin imperfections, from dark under-eye circles to red blemishes, scars, birthmarks or post-cosmetic surgery discolorations. The company offers powder and cream blushes that contour the face and accentuate cheekbones with soft color.
The company offers powder blushes that contour the face and accentuate cheekbones with soft color. It offers Planet Blush, Powder Palette Blush, Mineral Wear Blush, and Magic Mosaic Blush.
Eye makeup: The category consists of four categories: eye shadows, eyeliners, brow makeup and mascara. Eye makeup includes Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner, nine shades coordinated to enhance each eye color, Baked Collection, a wet/dry eye shadow trio, Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker, Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara, Plump Potion Lash Stimulating and Plumping Mascara, and Brow Definer.
Other: The company introduced Plump Potion Needle-Free Lip Plumping Cocktail in 2006 and Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Superfruit Lip Gloss in 2009.
The companys principal competitors in the masstige market include LOréal S.A. (LOréal), Revlon, Inc. (Revlon and Almay) and Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogena).
Physicians Formula Holdings, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PHYSICIANS FORMULA HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. History
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Physicians Formula Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?