- The report contains detailed information about Oil-Dri Corp. of America that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oil-Dri Corp. of America. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oil-Dri Corp. of America financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oil-Dri Corp. of America competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oil-Dri Corp. of America business.
About Oil-Dri Corp. of America
Oil-Dri Corporation of America engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of sorbent products in the United States and internationally.
The companys sorbent technologies include absorbent and adsorbent products. Its absorbent clay products are Cats Pride and Jonny Cat premium cat litter and other cat litters. The company also produces Oil-Dri branded floor absorbents, Agsorb and Verge agricultural chemical carriers and ConditionAde, Calibrin, and Pel-Unite animal feed binders. Its adsorbent products are Oil-Dri synthetic sorbents, which are used for industrial cleanup, and Pure-Flo, Perform and Select bleaching clay products, which act as a filtration media for edible oils, fats and tallows.
Cat Litter Products
The company produces two types of cat litter products, traditional coarse and scoopable, both of which have absorbent and odor controlling characteristics. Scoopable litters have the additional characteristic of clumping when exposed to moisture, allowing the consumer to selectively dispose of the used portion of the litter. The companys coarse and scoopable products are sold under its Cats Pride and Jonny Cat brand names. It also packages and markets Cats Pride Kat Kit and Jonny Cat cat litter in a disposable tray, as well as Jonny Cat litter pan liners. The company manufactures the Fresh Step brand of coarse cat litter for The Clorox Company (Clorox). The company also produces private label cat litters for other customers that are sold through independent food brokers and its sales force to major retail outlets.
Industrial and Automotive Sorbent Products
The company manufactures products from both clay and synthetic materials that absorb oil, grease, water and other types of spills. These products are used in industrial, home, and automotive environments. The companys clay-based sorbent products, such as Oil-Dri branded floor absorbent, are used for floor maintenance in industrial applications to provide a non-slip and nonflammable surface for workers. These floor absorbents are used in automotive repair facilities and car dealerships to absorb oil and grease. They are also used in home applications in garages and driveways. The companys Oil-Dri branded synthetic-based products use polypropylene materials. These products are sold in various forms, such as pads, rolls, socks and spill kits. These products are used to absorb oil, grease, water, and chemical spills. Industrial and automotive sorbent products are sold through a distribution network that includes industrial, auto parts, safety, sanitary supply, chemical, and paper distributors. These products are also sold through environmental service companies, mass merchandisers, and catalogs.
Bleaching Clay and Clarification Aid Products
The company produces an array of bleaching, purification, and filtration applications used by edible oil and jet fuel processors worldwide. Bleaching clays are used by edible oil processors to adsorb soluble contaminants that create oxidation problems. The companys Pure-Flo and Perform bleaching clays remove impurities, such as trace metals, chlorophyll and color bodies, in various types of edible oils. Perform products provide increased activity for hard-to-bleach oils. Its Select adsorbents are used to remove contaminants in vegetable oil processing and can be used to prepare oil prior to the creation of biodiesel fuel. The companys Ultra-Clear clarification aid is used as a filtration and purification medium for jet fuel and other petroleum-based products. These products are marketed in the United States and in international markets.
Agricultural and Horticultural Products
The company produces a range of granular and powdered mineral absorbent products that are used as carriers for crop protection chemicals, agricultural drying agents, bulk processing aids, media components, and sports field products. The companys brands include Agsorb, an agricultural chemical carrier and a drying agent; Verge, an engineered granule agricultural chemical carrier; Flo-Fre, a highly absorbent microgranule flowability aid; Terra-Green, a media supplement; and Pros Choice, a sports fiel
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oil-Dri Corp. of America Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oil-Dri Corp. of America and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oil-Dri Corp. of America and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oil-Dri Corp. of America Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oil-Dri Corp. of America Industry Position Analysis
6. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OIL-DRI CORP. OF AMERICA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Major Shareholders
Oil-Dri Corp. of America History
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Offices and Representations
Oil-Dri Corp. of America SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Capital Market Snapshot
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oil-Dri Corp. of America 1-year Stock Charts
Oil-Dri Corp. of America 5-year Stock Charts
Oil-Dri Corp. of America vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oil-Dri Corp. of America vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oil-Dri Corp. of America Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?