- The report contains detailed information about NutraCea that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NutraCea. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NutraCea financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NutraCea competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NutraCea business.
NutraCea, a health science company, supplies stabilized rice bran and rice bran based products in the premium consumer food and animal feed sectors. Its products include food supplements and medical foods (nutraceuticals), which provide health benefits for humans and animals based on stabilized rice bran and stabilized rice bran derivatives and rice-bran oils. The company offers products for consumer nutrition and healthcare companies, domestic and international food companies, and companion animal feed manufacturers.
In February 2008, the company acquired 100% of Irgovel - Industria Riograndens De Oleos Vegetais Ltda., which owns and operates a rice bran oil processing facility in South America.
The companys products include NutraCea Stabilized Rice Bran: Stable whole rice bran and germ. This is basic SRB product that is both a food supplement and an ingredient for cereals, baked goods, companion animal feed, health bars. It is also the base material for producing NutraCea Solubles, oils, and NutraCea Fiber Complex; NutraCea Stabilized Rice Bran Fine: This is the same product as the NutraCea SRB, except that it has been ground to a particle size that would pass through a 20 mesh screen. It is used primarily in baking and pasta applications; NutraCea Stabilized Rice Bran Extra Fine: This is the same product as the NutraCea SRB, except that it has been ground to a particle size that would pass through an 80 mesh screen. It is used primarily in baking and pasta applications; Dextrinized Rice Bran (RiBalance): A modified carbohydrate converted NutraCea SRB that is more functional in baking and mixed health drink applications. This product contains all of the nutrient-rich components of NutraCea SRB; NutraCea RiSolubles: A highly concentrated water dispersible carbohydrate and lipid rich fraction component of NutraCea SRB. This product contains only a small amount of fiber and is a concentrated form of the vitamins and nutrients found in NutraCea SRB; NutraCea Fiber Complex (RiFiber): Nutrient-rich insoluble fiber source with associated nutrients. This product, designed for use by the baking and health food markets, is the remaining ingredient when NutraCea SRB is processed to form NutraCea Solubles; and NutraCea Baby Cereal: A comprehensive line of signature branded and private label baby cereals, marketed both to domestic and international customers. Available in Organic or conventional grains, these cereals would be fortified and/ or fruited to meet customer needs.
Further refining NutraCea SRB into oil and its by-products would produce NutraCea Rice Bran Oil, NutraCea Defatted Bran (DRB), and Higher Value Fractions. NutraCea Rice Bran Oil: Nutrient-rich oil made from NutraCea SRB. This oil has high smoke and flash points which provides a very long fry life, is not readily absorbed into food, is naturally trans fat free, and provides nutritional qualities. It is sold into consumer, food services, and industrial segments; NutraCea Defatted Bran (DRB): Low fat bran that does not contain rice bran oil. This is a product designed for use by the baking industry for its high fiber nutritional benefits which include a balanced amino acid profile, high fiber content, and high mineral content; and Higher Value Fractions: Nutraceutical-like compounds naturally occurring in NutraCea SRB and Rice Bran Oil that provide specific health benefits. Tocopherols, tocotrienols, gamma oryzanol, lecithin, and phytosterols are some of the antioxidant-rich fractions that are found in rice bran and are enhanced by stabilization. Gamma oryzanol has a range of uses as a nutraceutical.
The company purchases rice from multiple suppliers, including Farmers Rice Cooperative in Sacramento, California; ADM Rice in Arbuckle, California; Louisiana Rice Mill in Mermentau, Las Angels; Farmers Rice Milling in Lake Charles, Louisiana; and American Rice, Inc. in Freeport, Texas.
The companys competitor includes Producers Rice Mill.
NutraCea was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NUTRACEA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NUTRACEA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NUTRACEA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NUTRACEA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NUTRACEA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NutraCea Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NutraCea and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NutraCea and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NutraCea Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NutraCea Industry Position Analysis
6. NUTRACEA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NUTRACEA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NUTRACEA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NUTRACEA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NUTRACEA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NUTRACEA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NutraCea Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NutraCea Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NutraCea Major Shareholders
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NutraCea Offices and Representations
NutraCea SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NutraCea Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NutraCea Capital Market Snapshot
NutraCea Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
NutraCea Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NutraCea Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NutraCea Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NutraCea 1-year Stock Charts
NutraCea 5-year Stock Charts
NutraCea vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NutraCea vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NutraCea Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?