- The report contains detailed information about Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. business.
About Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc.
Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc., a biotechnology company, engages in the research, development, and commercialization of products derived from marine biomasses for the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industries. The company develops proprietary and potent health ingredients from underexploited marine biomasses, such as krill, with its patented extraction process Neptune OceanExtract.
The company focuses on the research and development of extraction technologies, potent biological therapeutics agents, and intellectual property for chronic conditions lacking safe and definitive treatment solutions.
The companys principal focus is to identify marine biomass that is pure of toxins, abundant and underexploited; to develop technology for the extraction and stabilization of potent marine biological therapeutic agents; and to develop the compounds for atherosclerotic conditions, such as cardiovascular diseases, as well as for neurodegenerative and inflammation related conditions.
The company is pursuing market opportunities in the nutraceutical market, including dietary supplements and functional foods and, through its two subsidiaries Acasti Pharma Inc. and NeuroBioPharm Inc., the pharmaceutical market, including medical food, over-the-counter, and prescription drugs for all its products.
Products and Brands
NKO Functional Food Grade: In 2010, the company advanced the research and development of Neptune Krill Oil (NKO) suitable for incorporation into functional foods of different matrices by masking and/or eliminating the characteristic krill odour and taste of the original oil. Three new bar flavours were developed (Cherry Chocolate, Chocolate Nut Pie, and Chewy Ginger).
OPA3 - Optimal for Life: The company markets the OPA3 brand and established it as the trademark for its family of products. This brand represents three essential elements (omega-3s, phospholipids, and antioxidants). The OPA3 brand would allow to create a class of ingredients for the functional food and biopharmaceutical markets.
NKO- Neptune Krill Oil: A marine oil extracted from Antartic Krill (Euphasia superba), which provides a blend of nutritional elements is the first product in the OPA3 family. Its elevated content in phospholipids rich in omega-3, omega-9, and antioxidants, such as astaxanthin, vitamin A, vitamin E, and flavonoid, offer a proprietary product free of preservatives with health benefits.
NKA - Neptune Krill Aquatein: Neptune Krill Aquatein (krill protein concentrate) is a product that features a range of marine amino acids, including an eight essential amino acids. This protein concentrate contains pre-digested proteins that are a source of short-chain amino acids in the form of peptides that facilitate digestion by assimilation. NKA is being positioned to be sold for both human and animal nutrition.
Research and Product Development Programs
Pharmaceutical drug development: The company completed the experimental phase of the drug precursor required for the development of prescription medical foods and drugs. Acasti Pharma completed the non-GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) phase of research and development of NKPL65 and NKPL53, the two cardiovascular drugs.
NKPL65 and NKPL53 are new generation cardiovascular products in the Acasti pipeline in preparation for investigational new drug application (IND) and FDA review in the U.S. targeted at the development of prescription drug and medical foods that increases HDL.
NPK80 and NKPL90 are new products in the research and development pipeline of NeuroBioPharm in preparation for investigational new drug applications (IND) in the U.S. for the development of prescription drugs and medical foods for the management of cognitive, behavioural and neurodegenerative disorders.
NPK-D is in the process of research and development for the management of the organoleptic properties (odor and taste) of NKO to facilitate its incorporation in flavourful daily functional food products.
The company sells NKO in bulk oil or in capsules to its distributors, who commercialize it under their private labels in multiple market segments, including health food stores, mass markets (food and drug), direct sales (MLM, Internet, catalogue, radio), and via healthcare professional recommendation.
The company has licensed worldwide commercialization rights for NKO in functional food for specific food categories and health indications to Nestle and Yoplait. It has also signed an agreement with Bayer Healthcare for the commercialization of Neptune proprietary products in the United States.
Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. was founded in 1925.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEPTUNE TECHNOLOGIES & BIORESOURCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Major Shareholders
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. History
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Offices and Representations
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Neptune Technologies & Bioresources, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?