- The report contains detailed information about Herbalife Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Herbalife Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Herbalife Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Herbalife Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Herbalife Ltd. business.
About Herbalife Ltd.
Herbalife Ltd., a network marketing company, sells weight management, nutritional supplement, energy, sports and fitness, and personal care products worldwide.
The company offers science-based products in four principal categories, including weight management, targeted nutrition, energy, sports & fitness and Outer Nutrition. As of December 31, 2009, the company marketed and sold 127 products encompassing approximately 3,600 SKUs through its distributors.
The weight management product portfolio includes meal replacement shakes, weight-loss enhancers, appetite suppressors and a variety of healthy snacks. Formula 1, the company's product, is a healthy meal with soy protein, essential vitamins, minerals, herbs and nutrients that is available in seven delicious flavors and can help support weight management. Personalized Protein Powder is a soy and whey protein product developed to be added to Formula 1 to personalize a persons daily protein intake to help achieve their desired weight and shape. Weight-loss enhancers, including Total Control, address dieting, such as lack of energy, hunger and food craving, fluid retention, decreased metabolism and digestive challenges, by building energy, boosting metabolism, curbing appetite and helping to promote weight loss. Healthy snacks are formulated to provide between-meal nutrition and satisfaction.
The company offers packettes in all 7 flavors in the U.S., as well as a packette various pack to support dietary supplement, or DS sampling and lead generation efforts. It expanded the Formula 1 franchise by introducing F1 Express Healthy Meal Bar in EMEA in 2009.
The company markets various dietary and nutritional supplements designed to meet its customers specific nutritional needs. Each of these supplements contains herbs, vitamins, minerals and other natural ingredients and focuses on specific life stages of its customers, including women, men, children and those with health concerns, including heart health, healthy aging, digestive health, or immune solutions. Niteworks is a product developed in conjunction with Nobel Laureate in Medicine, Dr. Louis Ignarro, that supports energy, circulatory and vascular health and improves blood flow to the heart, brain and other vital organs. Garden 7 is designed to provide the phytonutrient benefits of seven servings of fruits and vegetables and has anti-oxidant and health-boosting properties. Best Defense is an effervescent drink that boosts immunity. The company offers a new Kids Line, including shakes and improved multivitamins, which provide essential nutrition, including protein, fiber and of key nutrients to kids daily needs. The company offers Herbal Aloe Powder (Mango Accent and Aloe Accent flavors) and Active Fiber Complex (Apple and Unflavored). In 2009, the company expanded its Aloe line by introducing a Mango flavored Aloe Concentrate and optimizing and reintroducing various of its Targeted Nutrition products in the U.S., such as Xtra-Cal Advanced, Joint Support Advanced, Tang Kuei Plus, Schizandra Plus, and RoseGuard.
Energy, Sports & Fitness
The energy, sports & fitness category includes energy and isotonic drinks to support a healthy active lifestyle. Outer Nutrition products include skin cleansers, moisturizers and lotions with antioxidants, as well as anti-aging products.
The company offers Liftoff, an energy drink containing a blend of B-vitamins, guarana, ginseng, ginkgo and caffeine to increase energy and improve mental clarity for better performance throughout the day. It offers H3O Fitness Drink, which provides hydration, sustained muscle energy plus antioxidant protection for people living a healthy, active lifestyle. In 2008, the company expanded its product offerings in the energy drink segment with the introduction of two new flavors of Liftoff Tropical Fruit and Lemon Cola.
The companys Outer Nutrition products targets to improve the appearance of the body, skin and hair. These products include skin cleansers, toners, moisturizers and facial masks, shampoos and conditioners, body-wash items and a selection of fragrances for men and women. NouriFusion Multivitamin skin care products are formulated with antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E for a glowing complexion. The company a line of anti-aging products as an extension of its Skin Activator product, a face cream that contains a collagen-building Glucosamine Complex to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It offer various regional products to address local market needs, including a Soft Green Body Care line in Brazil in 2008, the Whitening Serum under the NouriFusion brand in the Asia Pacific region, and the Lively Fragrances perfume line in Brazil in 2009.
Literature, Promotional and Other Products
The company also sells literature and promotional materials, including sales aids, informational audiotapes, videotapes, CDs and DVDs designed to support its distributors marketing efforts, as well as start-up kits called International Business Packs for new distributors. It offers BizWorks, a customizable retail Web site for its distributors.
The company markets its products in North America; Mexico and Central America; South America; EMEA; China; and the Asia Pacific regions.
The companys suppliers include Natures Bounty for protein powders, Fine Foods (Italy) for protein powders and nutritional supplements, Valentine Enterprises for protein powders and PharmaChem Labs for teas and Niteworks.
Herbalife Ltd. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HERBALIFE LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HERBALIFE LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HERBALIFE LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HERBALIFE LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HERBALIFE LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Herbalife Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Herbalife Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Herbalife Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Herbalife Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Herbalife Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. HERBALIFE LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HERBALIFE LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HERBALIFE LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CAYMAN ISLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HERBALIFE LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HERBALIFE LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HERBALIFE LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Herbalife Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Herbalife Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Herbalife Ltd. Major Shareholders
Herbalife Ltd. History
Herbalife Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Herbalife Ltd. Offices and Representations
Herbalife Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Herbalife Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Herbalife Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Herbalife Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Herbalife Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Herbalife Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Herbalife Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Herbalife Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Herbalife Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Herbalife Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Herbalife Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Herbalife Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?