- The report contains detailed information about Estee Lauder Companies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Estee Lauder Companies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Estee Lauder Companies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Estee Lauder Companies Inc. business.
About Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. engages in the manufacture and marketing of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. The companys products are sold in approximately 140 countries and territories under the following brand names, including Estee Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Origins, M A C, Bobbi Brown, La Mer, and Aveda. The company is also the global licensee for fragrances and/or cosmetics sold under brand names, such as Tommy Hilfiger, Donna Karan, Michael Kors, and Sean John.
Skin Care: The companys skin care products address various skin care needs for women and men. These products include moisturizers, creams, lotions, cleansers, sun screens, and self-tanning products, which are developed for use on particular areas of the body, such as the face or the hands or around the eyes.
Makeup: The company manufactures, markets, and sells an array of makeup products, including lipsticks, lip glosses, mascaras, foundations, eyeshadows, nail polishes, and powders. It also sells related items, such as compacts, brushes and other makeup tools.
Fragrance: The company offers various fragrance products for women and men. The fragrances are sold in various forms, including eau de parfum sprays and colognes, as well as lotions, powders, creams, and soaps that are based on a particular fragrance.
Hair Care: Hair care products are offered mainly in salons and in freestanding retail stores and include hair color and styling products, shampoos, conditioners, and finishing sprays.
Estee Lauder: Estee Lauder brand products principally consist of skin care, makeup, and fragrance products.
Aramis and Designer Fragrances: The companys Aramis and Designer Fragrances division creates and markets fragrance and skin care products, including the following brand names:
Aramis: The company markets prestige mens fragrance, grooming, and skin care products under the Aramis brand.
Lab Series: Lab Series Skincare for Men offers a range of products for cleansing, shaving, treatment, and body that are especially formulated to answer the needs of mens skin.
Tommy Hilfiger: The company has a global license arrangement to develop and market a line of mens and womens fragrances and cosmetics under the Tommy Hilfiger brand name. It manufactures and sells various fragrances and ancillary products for men and women.
Donna Karan Cosmetics: The company has obtained the global license to develop, market, and distribute a line of fragrances and other cosmetics under the Donna Karan New York and DKNY brand names. Under this license, fragrances have been expanded to include lines of companion bath and body products.
Michael Kors: The company has entered into a license agreement for fragrances and beauty products under the Michael Kors brand name. The fragrances, as well as ancillary bath and body products, are sold primarily in department stores, specialty stores, and freestanding Michael Kors boutiques.
Sean John Fragrances: The company has entered into a license agreement to develop fragrances and other beauty products under the Sean John brand name. Sean Diddy Combs played an active role in creating the signature scent, Unforgivable. The Unforgivable fragrance, as well as other fragrances and ancillary products, are primarily available at select department and specialty stores, as well as travel retail outlets around the world.
Missoni: The company has launched fragrance and ancillary products under its global licensing agreement with Milan-based fashion house, Missoni. Missoni products are sold in select distribution channels worldwide.
In addition to the foregoing brands, the company markets and sells Mustang and Kiton products as a licensee.
Clinique: Clinique skin care products are generally marketed as part of the 3-step system: cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize. Other Clinique skin care products include de-aging solutions to help prevent, halt, and diminish the visible effects of sun, wind, stress, and pollution; and assist in repair to help restore contour, minimize the look of lines, and wrinkles. Clinique also offers lines of fragrances.
Prescriptives: Prescriptives focuses on d
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Estee Lauder Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Estee Lauder Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Major Shareholders
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. History
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Offices and Representations
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?