- The report contains detailed information about Energizer Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Energizer Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Energizer Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Energizer Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Energizer Holdings Inc. business.
About Energizer Holdings Inc.
Energizer Holdings, Inc. engages in the manufacture and marketing of batteries, portable lighting, and personal care products in the wet shave, skin care, feminine care, and infant care categories.
The companys household products division manufactures and markets product portfolios in household batteries, specialty batteries, and portable lighting products. It offers batteries using carbon zinc, alkaline, rechargeable, and lithium technologies. The company distributes its portfolio of household and specialty batteries and portable lighting products through a distribution network, which also provides a platform for the distribution of its personal care products.
The personal care division includes wet shave products sold under the Schick and Wilkinson Sword, Edge, and Skintimate brand names; skin care products sold under the Banana Boat, Hawaiian Tropic, Wet Ones, and Playtex brand names; and Feminine Care and Infant Care products sold under the Playtex and Diaper Genie brand names.
The company manufactures and distributes Schick and Wilkinson Sword razor systems, composed of razor handles and refillable blades, and disposable shave products for men and women. Its primary markets include the U.S., Canada, Japan, and countries of western Europe.
The company offers the Quattro mens shaving system, the four blade razor system for men. It offers Schick Hydro, a new mens shaving system, which incorporates new technologies, including innovative skin protectors that act to smooth skin between blade tips and a hydrating gel reservoir that lubricates throughout the shaving process. Schick Hydro is available in three and five blade models. Additionally, the company offers a line of Schick Hydro shave gels, which coupled with the Schick Hydro razor, delivers a skin comfort system that goes beyond hair removal to care for mens skin.
In skin care, the company markets sun care products under the Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic brands. The sun care category in the U.S. is segmented by product type, such as general protection, tanning and babies; as well as by method of application, such as lotions and sprays. It also offers Wet Ones and Playtex household gloves.
In feminine care, the company offers plastic applicator tampons under the Playtex Gentle Glide and Playtex Sport brands, and Playtex Personal Cleansing Cloths, a pre-moistened wipe for feminine hygiene.
In infant care, the company markets a range of products, including bottles, cups, and a full line of mealtime products, including plates, utensils, and placemats under the Playtex brand name. It also offers a line of pacifiers, including the Ortho-Pro and Binky pacifiers. It offers Diaper Genie brand that consists of the diaper pail unit and refill liners.
The company owns American Safety Razor, LLC (ASR), a manufacturer of private label/value wet shaving razors and blades, and industrial and specialty blades. In wet shave, ASR manufacturers, distributes, and sells a line of private label/value wet shaving disposable razors, shaving systems, and replacement blades. These wet shave products are sold primarily under a retailers store name or under value brand names, such as Personna, Matrix, Magnum, Mystique, Solara, and. Industrial and specialty blades are sold primarily through retail paint chains, hardware stores and home improvement centers under the Personna and American Line brand names.
The company's major customer is Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
The companys principal battery competitors in the U.S. are Duracell International, Inc., a subsidiary of Procter & Gamble Company; and Spectrum Brands, Inc. Its principal competitors in the wet shave business worldwide are Procter & Gamble Company and Bic Group, which competes primarily in the disposable segment. The companys competitors in skin care, feminine care and infant care product lines consist of domestic and foreign companies, including Procter & Gamble Company and Kimberly-Clark Corp. in feminine care; and Schering-Plough and Johnson & Johnson in skin care.
Energizer Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Energizer Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Energizer Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Energizer Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Energizer Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Energizer Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Energizer Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Energizer Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Energizer Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Energizer Holdings Inc. History
Energizer Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Energizer Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Energizer Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Energizer Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Energizer Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Energizer Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Energizer Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Energizer Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Energizer Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Energizer Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Energizer Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Energizer Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Energizer Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Energizer Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?