- The report contains detailed information about Decora Industries, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Decora Industries, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Decora Industries, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Decora Industries, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Decora Industries, Inc. business.
About Decora Industries, Inc.
Decora Industries, Inc. (DII or the Company), a Delaware corporation organized in 1992, is a worldwide manufacturer and marketer of self-adhesive, branded, consumer decorative products. DII, a holding company, is a Delaware corporation operating through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Decora, Incorporated (Decora) and Decora Industries Deutschland GmbH (DI Deutschland). DI Deutschland owns approximately 90% of the voting stock of Konrad Hornschuch AG (Hornschuch). The main emphasis of DII and its subsidiaries is the world-wide development of its branded, self-adhesive consumer decorative products and of specialty industrial and commercial products, utilizing proprietary adhesive systems and coating technologies.
Con-Tact®, Cobra® and Wearlon® are registered trademarks of Decora. d-c-fix®, ceramo-fix®, skai® and sol-pal® are registered trademarks of Hornschuch. Rubbermaid® is a registered trademark of Rubbermaid, Incorporated (Rubbermaid).
In April 1999, the Company acquired the assets of EtchArt Inc., a manufacturer of "Wallpaper" for Windows, a line of window and glass coverings.
The Company is a manufacturer and marketer of branded, consumer, self-adhesive decorative and surface coverings and of specialty industrial and commercial products. The Company markets its consumer products primarily under the Con-Tact and d-c-fix brands. These two consumer brands are considered to be two of the most recognized brands of such products in the world, especially in the United States and Europe. In the United States, the primary market for the Con-Tact brand, products are distributed to retailers such as K-mart, Target, The Home Depot and Wal-Mart where the products occupy prominent shelf space. Similarly, in Germany, Italy and the Czech Republic, d-c-fix products are sold directly to retail chains such as Brico, Metro and OBI. In the remainder of Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and the Far East, products under both brands are sold and distributed through a network of approximately 45 wholesalers, independent distributors and agents.
Decora and Hornschuch utilize similar manufacturing processes to produce a wide variety of consumer and industrial products. Each finished product is assembled from a range of basic components such as film and adhesive using a wide variety of surface treatments and designs. Final performance attributes of these products are determined by the specific product application and the Company's product marketing strategy for end-use categories including (i) decorative coverings for household surfaces including shelving and drawers, (ii) transparent and semi-transparent decorative coverings for windows and other glass surfaces, (iii) arts and crafts project materials and (iv) decorative and surface protection coverings for do-it-yourself (DIY) home resurfacing and improvement projects.
The commercial and industrial products also use a broad range of film, release and coating technologies. These products are sold to OEM's for use in (i) furniture, automotive, handbag and shoe products, (ii) pressure-sensitive hazardous marking tape products and (iii) coatings for industrial applications, such as those utilizing the Company's proprietary release technology sold under the brand name Wearlon.
Products and Markets
The Company is in the consumer, self-adhesive, surface covering products and owns two consumer brand names, Con-Tact and d-c-fix. The Company also manufactures films and other products for industrial and OEM applications. In terms of geographic distribution, in fiscal 2000, sales to customers in the United States, Germany and the rest of the world were 36%, 28% and 36% of net sales, respectively.
North American Operations
Decora operates as a branded consumer products company with its Con-Tact brand product offering. Con-Tact is a repositionable, self-adhesive decorative covering material which is used for DIY applications and is marketed to four strategic product categories including shelving, surface protection, arts and crafts and glass covering. Con-Tact is sold primarily in the housewares departments of mass merchandisers and home impro
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Decora Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Decora Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Decora Industries, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Decora Industries, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Decora Industries, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DECORA INDUSTRIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Decora Industries, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Decora Industries, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Decora Industries, Inc. Major Shareholders
Decora Industries, Inc. History
Decora Industries, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Decora Industries, Inc. Offices and Representations
Decora Industries, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Decora Industries, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Decora Industries, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Decora Industries, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Decora Industries, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Decora Industries, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Decora Industries, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Decora Industries, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Decora Industries, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Decora Industries, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Decora Industries, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Decora Industries, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?