- The report contains detailed information about Cyanotech Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cyanotech Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cyanotech Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cyanotech Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cyanotech Corp. business.
About Cyanotech Corp.
Cyanotech Corporation produces natural products derived from microalgae. The company engages in the cultivation and production of microalgae into natural products. The company cultivates two microalgal species, including spirulina products and natural astaxanthin products. The company is producing microalgal products for nutritional supplement markets, having discontinued production for animal feed/pigments and immunological diagnostics markets.
The company's products include: BioAstin natural astaxanthin is a dietary antioxidant with expanding applications as a human nutraceutical and functional food ingredient, shown to support and maintain the body's natural inflammatory response, to improve skin, muscle and joint health; and Spirulina Pacifica is a nutrient-rich dietary supplement used for extra energy, a strengthened immune system, anti-inflammatory benefits and as a source of antioxidant carotenoids.
Spirulina Pacifica provides a vegetable-based absorbable source of protein, natural beta-carotene, mixed carotenoids, B vitamins, gamma linolenic acid, essential amino acids, and other phytonutrients. Spirulina Pacifica is produced in three forms: powder, flake and tablets. Powder is used as an ingredient in nutritional supplements and health beverages; flakes are used as a seasoning on various foods; and tablets are consumed as a daily dietary supplement. The companys Spirulina Pacifica is cultivated in a combination of fresh water and a metered amount of nutrient-rich deep ocean water.
Spirulina Pacifica powder is dried via its patented low-oxygen Ocean-Chill Drying process, thereby preserving antioxidant carotenoids and other nutrients sensitive to heat and oxygen. The companys Spirulina Pacifica flakes are produced by combining harvested Spirulina Pacifica with food-grade lecithin and drying this blend in a proprietary system. The company's packaged consumer products are bottled and labeled by two contractors in California.
Competition: The companys direct competition in the Spirulina market is from Dainippon Ink and Chemical Company's Earthrise facility in California, and Parry Nutraceuticals, a division of Murugappa Group of India.
Natural Astaxanthin Products
Astaxanthin is a red pigment which the company initially sold to the aquaculture market, under the name NatuRose, primarily to impart a pink to red color to the flesh of commercially raised fish and shrimp. The company discontinued NatuRose production and sales, in March 2008.
BioAstin, its natural astaxanthin product for the human health and nutrition market was introduced. BioAstin is produced in three forms: a liquid lipid extract, gelcaps and microencapsulated beadlets with all three forms sold in bulk quantities. BioAstin gelcaps are also sold in packaged consumer form under the Nutrex Hawaii label. The company produces natural astaxanthin from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae in fresh water supplemented with nutrients. This product can also be micro-encapsulated into beadlets which its customers use in other formulations. The company uses third party contractors for the extraction services, the production of gelcaps and the production of beadlets.
BioAstin is sold in liquid lipid form as a raw ingredient to dietary supplement manufacturers, health food formulators and cosmetic manufacturers, and BioAstin gelcaps and beadlets are sold in bulk quantities to distributors. BioAstin gelcaps are also sold as a packaged consumer product through Nutrex Hawaii directly to natural product distributors, retailers, and consumers. The company also has introduced a line of BioAstin based nutritional supplements, MDFormulas.
BioAstin and MDFormulas compete directly with similar products marketed by other manufacturers, including Fuji Chemical of Japan, Algatechnologies of Israel, and Valensa in the United States.
In March 2008, the company discontinued producing phycobiliproteins for sale to the medical and biotechnology research industries.
Cyanotech Corporation was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CYANOTECH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CYANOTECH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CYANOTECH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CYANOTECH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CYANOTECH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cyanotech Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cyanotech Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cyanotech Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cyanotech Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cyanotech Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CYANOTECH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CYANOTECH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CYANOTECH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CYANOTECH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CYANOTECH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CYANOTECH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cyanotech Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cyanotech Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cyanotech Corp. Major Shareholders
Cyanotech Corp. History
Cyanotech Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cyanotech Corp. Offices and Representations
Cyanotech Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cyanotech Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cyanotech Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Cyanotech Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Cyanotech Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cyanotech Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cyanotech Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cyanotech Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Cyanotech Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Cyanotech Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cyanotech Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cyanotech Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?