- The report contains detailed information about Church & Dwight Co. Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Church & Dwight Co. Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Church & Dwight Co. Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Church & Dwight Co. Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Church & Dwight Co. Inc. business.
About Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of household, personal care, and specialty products under various brand names in the United States and internationally.
The companys business is divided into three primary segments: Consumer Domestic, Consumer International, and Specialty Products.
The Consumer Domestic segment includes the eight power brands and other household and personal care products, such as SCRUB FREE, KABOOM, ORANGE GLO and BRILLO cleaning products, ANSWER home pregnancy and ovulation test kits, ARRID antiperspirant, CLOSE-UP, and AIM toothpastes.
The company offers baking soda-based products, as well as other products which use the same raw materials or technology or are sold in the same markets. In addition, this segment includes other deodorizing and household cleaning products, as well as laundry and personal care products.
The company markets ARM & HAMMER FRIDGE FRESH, a refrigerator deodorizer equipped with both a baking soda filter to keep food tasting fresher and an indicator to tell the consumer when the product needs to be replaced. In addition, it offers ARM & HAMMER Carpet and Room Deodorizer in the domestic carpet and room deodorizer market.
The company markets its ARM & HAMMER brand laundry detergents, in both powder and liquid forms. It markets its XTRA laundry detergent in both powder and liquid. The company also markets XTRA SCENTSATIONS, a fragranced and concentrated liquid laundry detergent. It also markets OXICLEAN pre-wash laundry additive. OXICLEAN serves the laundry pre-wash additives market in the U.S. The company markets ARM & HAMMER plus OXICLEAN liquid and powder laundry detergents.
The companys laundry products also include fabric softener sheets that prevent static cling and soften and freshen clothes. It markets ARM & HAMMER FRESH N SOFT liquid fabric softener and offers another liquid fabric softener, NICEN FLUFFY. In 2009, the company launched ARM & HAMMER Total 2-in-1 Dryer Cloths, a fabric softener sheet used in the clothes dryer that delivers liquid-like softening, freshening, and static control.
The company markets a line of cat litter products, including ARM & HAMMER SUPER SCOOP clumping cat litter. Line extensions of SUPER SCOOP include ARM & HAMMER Multi-Cat cat litter, designed for households with approximately one cat, ARM & HAMMER ODOR ALERT cat litter, with crystals that change color when activated, and ARM & HAMMER ESSENTIALS clumping cat litter, a corn-based scoopable litter made for consumers who prefer to use products made from natural ingredients.
The company markets a line of household cleaning products, including CLEAN SHOWER daily shower cleaner, SCRUB FREE bathroom cleaners, and SNO BOL toilet bowl cleaner. It also markets KABOOM bathroom cleaner and ORANGE GLO household cleaning products.
Personal Care Products
The company serves the personal care business using its ARM & HAMMER trademark and baking soda technology. It also offers antiperspirants, oral care products, depilatories, reproductive health products, and oral analgesics. ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, when used as a dentifrice, whitens and polishes teeth, removes plaque and leaves the mouth feeling fresh and clean. These properties led to the development of a line of sodium bicarbonate-based dentifrice products which are marketed and sold nationally primarily under the ARM & HAMMER DENTAL CARE brand name.
The company also manufactures in the United States and markets in the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada, CLOSE-UP, PEPSODENT, and AIM toothpaste, and the MENTADENT brand of toothpaste and toothbrushes. The company markets ORAJEL oral analgesics. It added two new ORAJEL products to its portfolio, BABY ORAJEL Cooling Cucumber Teething Gel and BABY ORAJEL Tooth and Gum Cleanser.
The company markets SPINBRUSH battery-operated toothbrushes in the United States (including Puerto Rico), the United Kingdom, Canada, China, and Australia. It also markets SPINBRUSH Pro-Select toothbrushes, a two speed version of SPINBRUSH, and SPINBRUSH Pro-
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Church & Dwight Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Church & Dwight Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHURCH & DWIGHT CO. INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Major Shareholders
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. History
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Offices and Representations
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Church & Dwight Co. Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?