- The report contains detailed information about Central Garden & Pet Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Central Garden & Pet Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Central Garden & Pet Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Central Garden & Pet Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Central Garden & Pet Co. business.
About Central Garden & Pet Co.
Central Garden & Pet Company operates as marketer and producer of branded products for the lawn and garden, and pet supplies industries in the United States.
Pet Products Business
Proprietary Branded Pet Products: The companys principal pet supplies categories include dog & cat, aquatics, bird & small animal/specialty pet food, animal health, and nutrition products.
Dog & Cat: The company markets and produces premium edible and non-edible chews, ultra-premium dog and cat food, toys, collars, leashes, grooming supplies, pet carriers, and other accessories, and information and knowledge resources featuring the brands Nylabone, Four Paws, TFH, Pet Select, Interpet, Pet Love, and Mikki. Nylabone develops products, such as the NutriDent Edible Dental Brush Chews, Toro and Lobo, as well as various other dog toys. Four Paws products include grooming supplies and toys, and TFH produces and publishes pet books and magazines. Breeders Choice brands include Pinnacle, Avoderm, and Active Care.
Aquatics: The company operates as a supplier of aquariums and related fixtures and furniture, water conditioners and supplements, lighting systems and accessories featuring the brands Aqueon, Zilla, Oceanic Systems, Kent Marine, Coralife, and Blagdon.
Bird & Small Animal/Specialty Pet: The company markets and produces specialty pet food for birds, wild birds and small animals, vitamins and nutritional supplements, bird and small animal cages, habitats, transportation devices, toys and other accessories designed for the small animal marketplace featuring the brands Kaytee, Super Pet, Critter Trail, and Canopy Scientific. Kaytee produces specialty bird feed.
Animal Health: The company markets and produces flea, tick, mosquito, and other insect control products produced by Wellmark International and sold primarily under the Zodiac, Altosid, Pre Strike, and Extinguish brand names. It sells (S)-Methoprene to manufacturers of other insect control products, including Frontline Plus. In addition, through its Farnam operations, it manufactures and markets health care products for horses, household pets, and livestock. Farnams portfolio of brands includes the Farnam umbrella brand, Equicare, ComboCare, IverCare, Bronco, Super Mask and Repel-X for horses, D-Worm, BioSpot and Scratchex for household pets, and Adams and Bite Free insect controls for home and yard care.
The companys customers include retailers, such as regional and national specialty pet stores, independent pet retailers, mass merchants and grocery stores, and professionals, such as manufacturers of insect control products, veterinarians, municipalities, farmers, and other economic animal buyers.
The companys competitors include Spectrum Brands and Hartz Mountain.
Garden Products Business
The company operates in the consumer lawn and garden market in the United States and offers both premium and branded products. It markets and produces a range of premium brands, including Pennington, The Rebels, AMDRO, Grants, Lilly Miller, Ironite, Sevin, Overn Out, Norcal Pottery, New England Pottery, GKI/Bethlehem Lighting, and Matthews Four Seasons.
Proprietary Branded Lawn and Garden Products: The companys principal lawn and garden product lines are grass seed, wild bird feed, insect control products, lawn and garden care products, decorative outdoor patio products and Christmas products and lighting. It markets indoor and outdoor pottery products through its Norcal Pottery and New England Pottery brands.
Grass Seed: The company markets and produces various mixtures and blends of cool and warm season turf grass for the residential and professional markets, as well as forage and wild game seed mixtures. It sells these products under the Pennington Seed, Pennington, Penkoted, Max-Q, ProSelect, Tournament Quality, MasterTurf, The Rebels, and Smart Seed brand names. It also produces private label brands of grass seed, including WalMarts private label grass seed.
Wild Bird Products: The company markets and produces wild bird feed, bird feeders, bird houses and other birding accessories in the United States. These products are sold primarily under the Pennington brand name. Its wild bird feed is treated with Bird-Kote, a nutritious coating made up of vegetable oil fortified with oil-soluble vitamins and elements needed by wild birds.
Lawn and Garden Chemicals: The company markets lawn and garden weed, moss, insect and pest control products and soil supplements and stimulants. It sells these products under the Knockout, Strike, Lilly Miller, Maxide, Alaska Fish Fertilizer, IMAGE, Sevin, Overn Out, and RooTone brand names and the Eliminator private label for Wal*Mart. It also markets fire ant bait, sold primarily in the southern United States, under the AMDRO brand name. In addition, it markets ant baits, animal repellents and garden aid products under the Grants brand name. The company manufactures various lines of lawn and garden fertilizers and soil supplements, in granular and liquid form, under the Pennington, Pro Care, Ironite, and other private and controlled labels.
Decorative Patio, Garden and Seasonal Products: The company markets decorative indoor and outdoor pottery products in the United States. It sells these products under the Norcal Pottery and New England Pottery brand names, which include terra cotta, stoneware, ceramic, and porcelain pots. It also markets seasonal Christmas products and lighting under the brand name GKI/Bethlehem Lighting, and manufactures a line of wooden garden products, including planters, barrel fountains, arbors, and trellises that are sold under the Matthews Four Seasons brand name.
The companys customers include retailers, such as mass merchants, home improvement centers, independent lawn and garden nurseries, drug and grocery stores, and professional end users. Its customers include Wal*Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, PETsMART, and PETCO.
The companys turf and forage grass seed products, fertilizers, pesticides and combination products compete principally against products marketed by The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
Central Garden & Pet Company was founded in 1955.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Central Garden & Pet Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Central Garden & Pet Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Central Garden & Pet Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Central Garden & Pet Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Consumer Products Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Central Garden & Pet Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Central Garden & Pet Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Central Garden & Pet Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Central Garden & Pet Co. Major Shareholders
Central Garden & Pet Co. History
Central Garden & Pet Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Central Garden & Pet Co. Offices and Representations
Central Garden & Pet Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Central Garden & Pet Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Central Garden & Pet Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Central Garden & Pet Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Consumer Products Industry Statistics
Central Garden & Pet Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Central Garden & Pet Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Central Garden & Pet Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Central Garden & Pet Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Central Garden & Pet Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Central Garden & Pet Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Central Garden & Pet Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Central Garden & Pet Co. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?