- The report contains detailed information about Zhongpin, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Zhongpin, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Zhongpin, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Zhongpin, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Zhongpin, Inc. business.
About Zhongpin, Inc.
Zhongpin Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the meat and food processing and distribution business in the Peoples Republic of China (the PRC).
The companys eight processing plants, which are located in Henan, Jilin and Sichuan provinces and in Tianjin in the PRC, have an aggregate processing capacity of approximately 1,504.9 metric tons per day, or approximately 541,760 metric tons on an annual basis for chilled and frozen pork. Its three prepared pork products facilities, which are located in Henan province, have an aggregate production capacity of approximately 250 metric tons per day or approximately 90,000 metric tons on an annual basis. The companys one vegetables and fruits processing plant, which is located in Henan province, has a production capacity of approximately 83.3 metric tons per day or approximately 30,000 metric tons on an annual basis. Its products are sold under the Zhongpin brand name.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys product line included 358 meat products, including chilled pork, frozen pork and prepared meats, and 34 vegetable and fruit products, that are sold on a wholesale basis and on a retail basis through a network of showcase stores, network stores, and supermarket counters.
The company's chilled and frozen pork products that it produces are sold as various cuts of meat, such as the shoulder, the ribs, the loin or the leg. Other parts of the pig, such as the head, ears, trotters and internal organs, have a ready market in the PRC and are also distributed and sold by it. The pork products produced by its slaughterhouses are sold to various customers, such as meat and food distributors, wholesalers, food processing companies, and supermarkets. The companys pork products are distributed and sold locally in the domestic market and also are exported.
Chilled Pork: In its production of chilled pork, meat is chilled but not frozen at a temperature of between 32o F (0oC) and 39.2 o F (4oC), immediately after it is cut and packed, and thereafter maintained at that temperature during storage or transportation. The chilled pork the company produces is distributed and sold to domestic customers who comprise mainly fresh food distributors and wholesalers, markets and supermarkets located within a 500 kilometers delivery radius of its processing facilities.
Frozen Pork: In the production of its frozen pork, the meat is frozen at 31oF (35oC) to 40oF (40oC) for 48 hours, after which it is stored or transported at a constant temperature of between 0.4 o F (18oC) to 13oF (25oC). Food and food processing companies usually require frozen pork in their production of processed meats, such as luncheon meat and canned, stewed meat. In the PRC, the pork sold in markets, supermarkets and restaurants is frozen. The domestic customers for its frozen pork include food processing companies and food distributors.
Pig By-Products and Variety Meats: Pig heads, ears and trotters and the internal organs, such as the kidneys, livers, stomachs and intestines, are commonly used in Chinese cuisine and therefore have a ready market. The company sells these by-products and variety meats to domestic customers. These items are also sold to food processing companies to be used as raw materials for other meat and meat-based products.
Prepared Meats: The company also produces a line of prepared meats, such as sausages, hams and Chinese cured hams that includes approximately 150 items that are marketed under its Zhongpin brand.
Vegetable and Fruit Products
The company contracts with approximately 100 farms in Henan province and nearby areas to produce vegetable varieties and fruits suitable for export purposes. The farms are small, ranging in size from approximately 25 acres to 123.5 acres (10-50 hectares), with the primary being approximately 1,358.5 acres (550 hectares). The company contracts to grow approximately 34 categories of vegetables and fruits, including asparagus, sweet corn, broccoli, mushrooms, lima beans, strawberries, and capsicum.
Sales and Marketing
As of December 31, 2009, the company had sales offices in 106 cities in the PRC, extending from Henan province to South China, East China, North China, and the South midland of the PRC. It markets pork products, vegetables and fruits to potential customers Europe, Russia, Hong Kong, and selected countries in Asia and South Africa.
The companys key customers are principally wholesalers, restaurants, supermarkets, large retailers and food services, such as food processing factories, school cafeterias and canteens, in the PRC. As of December 31, 2009, its customers included 27 international or domestic fast food companies in the PRC, 49 processing factories, and 1,686 school cafeterias, factory canteens, army posts and national departments. It also sold directly to 3,205 retail outlets, including supermarkets, within the PRC. Its customers include major supermarket chains, such as Lianhua Supermarket Group, Carrefour China, and Metro (China) Group.
The companys competitors include Henan Shuanghui (Shineway) Food Co., Ltd.; Yurun Food Group Limited; and Peoples Food Holdings Limited.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ZHONGPIN, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ZHONGPIN, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ZHONGPIN, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ZHONGPIN, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ZHONGPIN, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Zhongpin, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Zhongpin, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Zhongpin, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Zhongpin, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Zhongpin, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ZHONGPIN, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ZHONGPIN, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ZHONGPIN, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ZHONGPIN, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ZHONGPIN, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ZHONGPIN, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Zhongpin, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Zhongpin, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Zhongpin, Inc. Major Shareholders
Zhongpin, Inc. History
Zhongpin, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Zhongpin, Inc. Offices and Representations
Zhongpin, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Zhongpin, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Zhongpin, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Zhongpin, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Zhongpin, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Zhongpin, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Zhongpin, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Zhongpin, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Zhongpin, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Zhongpin, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Zhongpin, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Zhongpin, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?