- The report contains detailed information about Westway Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Westway Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Westway Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Westway Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Westway Group, Inc. business.
About Westway Group, Inc.
Westway Group, Inc. provides liquid storage and related value-added services worldwide. The company manufactures and distributes liquid animal feed supplements.
Bulk Liquid Storage Business
The companys bulk liquid storage business operates a network of facilities located in North America, Western Europe, and Asia, providing storage and related services to manufacturers and purchasers of bulk liquid products. Its infrastructure includes a network of 25 terminals offering storage to manufacturers and consumers of agricultural and industrial liquids. The companys customers represent a group of multi-national, national, and regional corporations. Its value-added services are customer specific and include transloading of bulk liquids, as well as acting as regional distribution centers for its customers on an entirely outsourced basis.
Servicesby Product Stored
The company serves markets, focusing on the provision of bulk liquid storage services for a range of products. Its terminals handle a range of specialty products through various features, including rail capacity, pipelines, on-scale, top-loading of trucks, heating capacity, and multiple tank sizes, including small and medium capacity tanks. The company is also active in businesses related to bulk liquid storage, such as direct transloading (primarily from railcars to trucks), blending, and dilutions.
The product groups stored by the companys bulk liquid storage business worldwide include molasses and liquid animal feed products; vegetable oils, tallows, and greases; lignin sulphonate, calcium chloride, and liquid fertilizers; petroleum, petro-chemicals, waxes, and petroleum oil; chemicals; caustics; methyl esters (bio-diesel); and asphalts.
Servicesby Activity Performed
The company provides its customers with a range of value-added services across all stages of the bulk liquid storage value chain.
The companys major customer is ED&F Man Holdings Limited and its direct and indirect subsidiaries (ED&F Man group).
In the international market, competitors include multi-national providers, such as NuStar Energy L.P. and Royal Vopak N.V. In the United States, other major competitors include NuStar, Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, International-Matex Tank Terminals (50% owned by Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC), and TransMontaigne.
In regional and local markets, the company faces competition from independent storage businesses operating in various markets served by it, such as Simon Storage Ltd. (owned by Interpipeline Fund) in the United Kingdom. The breadth of service the company provides also results in customer offerings that compete directly with LBC Holdings LLC (owned by Challenger Infrastructure Fund), Royal Vopak N.V., and Stolt-Nielsen S.A.
Liquid Feed Supplements Business
The companys liquid feed supplements business produces liquid animal feed supplements that are sold directly to end users, which refer to as ranchers, and feed manufacturers, primarily supplying the beef and dairy livestock industries. Through its 37 located facilities in North America, western Canada, and eastern Australia, the company provides liquid feed supplements to the lower 48 U.S. states, 5 Canadian provinces, northern Mexico, and Australia.
The companys finished products provide supplemental nutrients that allow livestock to perform to their maximum genetic potential. It uses specialized manufacturing of formulations of various raw basic ingredients, including proteins, minerals, and vitamins, to produce liquid and block supplements for sale to livestock feed operators, dry feed mills, or distributors. The company also produces less complex products that are utilized as an ingredient in livestock feeds.
The companys products include complex liquid feed protein supplements, suspensions, mill products; molasses and molasses blends; blocks/tubs; dried products; and other ingredients.
Champion Liquid Feeds Pty Ltd
In addition to serving markets in North America, the company also has a presence in the Australian feed market through its 50% interest in Champion. Champion was formed for the purpose of manufacturing and distributing liquid feed supplements in Australia.
Relationship with the ED&F Man Group
Preferred Supplier Arrangements: The companys long-term relationship as a preferred supplier of bulk liquid storage to the ED&F Man groups various trading divisions.
Molasses Supply Contract: The company and the ED&F Man group have a long-term molasses supply agreement, pursuant to which the ED&F Man group would be its primary supplier of cane molasses.
Westway Group, Inc. was founded in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Westway Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Westway Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Westway Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Westway Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Westway Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTWAY GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Westway Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Westway Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Westway Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Westway Group, Inc. History
Westway Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Westway Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Westway Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Westway Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Westway Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Westway Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Westway Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Westway Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Westway Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Westway Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Westway Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Westway Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Westway Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Westway Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?