- The report contains detailed information about Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund business.
About Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund operates as a limited purpose, open-ended trust in Canada. The company, through Sun Gro Horticulture Canada, Ltd. (Sun Gro), engages in the production and distribution of peat mosss, peat-based and bark-based growing media products to the North American professional plant growers market. The company sells its products primarily to professional greenhouse, nursery and specialty crop growers throughout North America, as well as to golf course developers and landscapers.
Sun Gro's media product portfolio includes peat-based and bark-based growing mixes, sand-based mixes, several grades of peat moss, water-soluble and controlled release fertilizers, and minerals.
Growing Mixes: Sun Gro's growing mixes consist of peat and bark based mixes. The peat mixes are formulated with Canadian sphagnum peat moss, plus any combination of perlite, vermiculite, gypsum, dolomitic lime, and a wetting agent. The bark based mixes resemble the peat mixes but also include a formulation of bark. Bark mixes are primarily manufactured at plants in the United States. The growing mixes are used for bedding and vegetable plants, flower and foliage crops, potted plants, nursery crops and hanging baskets.
Sand-Based Mixes: Sand-based mixes represent a new product category for Sun Gro, added with the acquisition of GrowBest Holdings, LLC. These mixes are used in the construction and maintenance of golf courses and sports fields.
Peat moss: Sun Gro processes Canadian sphagnum peat moss, which is a natural, organic soil conditioner that regulates moisture and air around plant roots for ideal growing conditions. Sphagnum peat moss is ideal for seeding new lawns, restoring lawns, planting trees or shrubs and as a raw material for growers who make their own mixes.
Fertilizers: Sun Gro offers two types of controlled release fertilizers and one line of water-soluble fertilizer. The controlled release fertilizers release nutrients in a uniform release pattern giving plants nutrients when needed. The fertilizers are used in the nursery and greenhouse industries.
Minerals: Sun Gro exfoliates perlite and vermiculite ore. The horticultural grade perlite is used as a soil amendment, golf green amendment and rooting medium for seed starting. The horticultural grade vermiculite is for use in seed germination, rooting cuttings and outdoor transplanting, as well as bulb and tuber storage. Sun Gro also sells vermiculite for industrial applications, such as insulation for walls and attics, paint textures and masonry insulation.
Professional: The company offers a selection of peat moss and growing mixes in various sizes, packaged in compressed, loose filled or bulk form and sold under the Sunshine brand. It also produces custom blend mixes and sells water soluble and controlled release fertilizers and minerals to professional growers.
Private Label: Sun Gro packages private label retail mixes in various sizes for marketers who sell the products under their own brands to mass merchandisers (such as Wal-Mart), home improvement centers (such as Home Depot and Lowe's), independent garden centers, food and drug chains and other retail outlets. It also packages private label products directly for mass merchandisers, home improvement centers, independent garden centers and food and drug chains who resell the products under their own in-store brands.
Retail: Sun Gro's retail mix and amendment products produced under the Sunshine and Sunshine Pro brands are high end, quality mixes targeted exclusively in the U.S. to independent garden centers. In Canada, Sunshine brand mixes are sold to mass merchandisers, home improvement centers and independent garden centers. Sun Gro's retail peat moss products are packaged under various other brands, including Lakeland, Black Gold, and Nature's. These other brands are targeted in the U.S. to food and drug chains and independent garden centers.
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund was founded in 1929.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Industry Position Analysis
6. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUN GRO HORTICULTURE INCOME FUND VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Major Shareholders
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund History
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Offices and Representations
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Capital Market Snapshot
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund 1-year Stock Charts
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund 5-year Stock Charts
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sun Gro Horticulture Income Fund Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?