- The report contains detailed information about Sapporo Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sapporo Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sapporo Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sapporo Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sapporo Holdings Ltd. business.
About Sapporo Holdings Ltd.
Sapporo Holdings Limited operates as a holding company. The company operates in alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, restaurants, and real estate businesses.
The company operates its business in four business segments: Alcoholic Beverages, based around Sapporo Breweries Ltd.; Soft Drinks, the core company of which is Sapporo Beverage Co., Ltd.; Restaurants, spearheaded by Sapporo Lion Ltd.; and Real Estate, where Yebisu Garden Place Co., Ltd. is the fulcrum. The companys hotel operations are included in other segment. The companys other subsidiaries include Sapporo Florist Co., Ltd. and Sapporo Sports Plaza Co., Ltd.
The company operates its alcoholic beverages business through its subsidiary Sapporo Breweries Ltd., which engages mainly in the production, import, and sale of beer, Happo-shu (low-malt beer), wine and spirits in Japan.
Sapporo Breweries is primarily engaged in alcoholic beverage operations and is also developing agri, brewing equipment and brewing yeast-related businesses
Products and Services: The company engages in the operations related to beer, Happo-shu (low-malt beer), wine and spirits. The company offers its products under the brand names, which include Draft One, Sapporo Black Label, Yebisu Beer, Yebisu Beer, and Yellow Tail.
The company operates its soft drinks business through its subsidiary Sapporo Beverage Co., Ltd. Sapporo Beverage is assembling of non-alcoholic beverages, ranging from mainstay teas through fruit juice-based soft drinks and mineral water, targeted to offer soft drinks that are healthy, delicious and safe to drink. A pivotal product is Gyokuro-Iri O-Cha, which is being aggressively developed using promotions, advertising and campaigns. In fruit juice-based drinks.
Products and Services: The company offers its products led by mainstay green tea products, this segment is creating a various lineup that includes fruit juice-based soft drinks and mineral water products. The company offers its soft drink products under the brand names, which include Gyokuro-Iri O-Cha and Ocean Spray Cranberry.
The company operates its restaurants business through its subsidiary Sapporo Lion, Ltd. It operates Ginza Lion, the paragon of Japans beer hall chains, this segment is also developing the Agura chain of Japanese-style beer halls, as well as the Brasserie chain of French-style beer halls. The Lion Ginza 7-chome is a famed Japanese beer hall, and located in the Plaza Building in front of Akihabara Station, Js Table is a new format store.
The company operates its real estate business through its subsidiary Yebisu Garden Place Co., Ltd. This segment owns, manages, operates and develops the real estate business assets of the Sapporo Group. Yebisu Garden Place and Sapporo Factory are the segments two main operations.
The company has also succeeded in raising the value of two key assets: Yebisu Garden Place and Sapporo Factory. Standing on sites of former breweries, both are multifaceted commercial complexes that have been open for a decade. Its focus been on the next stage of evolution of these assets, building brand power by emphasizing customers. The company is also offering the know-how gained from managing its own real estate assets to Group companies in a drive to capture synergies.
Sapporo Florist Co., Ltd. sells fresh flowers and Sapporo Sports Plaza Co., Ltd. manages Fitness Clubs.
In December 2004, Sapporo Hotel Enterprises, which operates The Westin Tokyo, was sold to the Morgan Stanley Group.
Sapporo Holdings Limited was established in 1949.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sapporo Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sapporo Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SAPPORO HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. History
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sapporo Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?