- The report contains detailed information about Ralcorp Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ralcorp Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ralcorp Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ralcorp Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ralcorp Holdings Inc. business.
About Ralcorp Holdings Inc.
Ralcorp Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture, distribution, and marketing of Post brand ready-to-eat cereal products and other regional and value-brand food products in the grocery, mass merchandise, drugstore, and foodservice channels in the United States.
The companys products include ready-to-eat and hot cereal products; nutritional bars; wet-filled products such as salad dressings, mayonnaise, peanut butter, syrups, jams and jellies, and specialty sauces; snack nuts, snack mixes, corn-based snacks and chocolate candy; dry pasta products; crackers and cookies; frozen griddle products (pancakes, waffles, French toast, and custom griddle products) and biscuits; and breads, rolls, and muffins.
The companys business is consists of five business segments: Branded Cereal Products; Other Cereal Products; Snacks, Sauces & Spreads, Frozen Bakery Products; and Pasta.
Branded Cereal Products Segment
The companys Branded Cereals segment includes the Post brand ready-to-eat cereal business. Post foods is engaged in the production, marketing, and sale of ready-to-eat cereals under its own various brand names, including Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Post Selects, Great Grains, Spoon Size Shredded Wheat, Post Raisin Bran, Grape-Nuts, and Honeycomb. Posts products are manufactured in the United States and Canada primarily in four manufacturing facilities, utilizing various production processes, including shredding, extruding, gun-puffing, batch cooking, and continuous cooking.
Other Cereal Products Segment
The companys Other Cereal Products segment includes its private-brand and value-brand ready-to-eat cereals and hot cereals, and the bloomfield bakers products which include nutritional bars and natural and organic specialty cookies, crackers, and cereals. Private-brand ready-to-eat cereals are produced at three manufacturing facilities include 45 different cereal varieties utilizing flaking, extrusion, and shredding technologies. Private-brand and value-brand hot cereals are produced at one facility and include old-fashioned oatmeal, quick oatmeal, regular instant oatmeal, flavored instant oatmeal, farina, instant Ralston (a branded hot wheat cereal), and 3 Minute Brand hot cereals.
Snacks, Sauces & Spreads Segment
The companys Snacks, Sauces & Spreads segment includes cracker and cookie business; its snack nuts, candy, and chips business; and sauces and spreads business.
Cracker and Cookie Business: The company manufactures and sells store brand crackers and cookies. It also produces cookies under the Rippin Good brand, and crackers under the Ry Krisp and Champagne brands. Its cracker and cookie business operates nine plants in the United States and Canada.
Snack Nuts, Candy, and Chips Business: The companys snack nuts, candy, and chips business operates three plants that produce various jarred, canned, and bagged snack nuts, one plant that produces chocolate candy, and one plant that produces chips (corn-based snacks). The business produces private-brand products, as well as value-branded products under the Nutcracker, Flavor House, Hoodys, Linette, and Medallion brands.
Sauces & Spreads: The companys sauces & spreads business operates four plants and produces various store brand shelf-stable dressings, syrups, peanut butter, jellies, salsas and sauces, and non-alcoholic drink mixes under the Major Peters and JERO brands.
Frozen Bakery Products Segment
The companys Frozen Bakery Products business operates 12 facilities in the United States and Canada. It produces frozen griddle products, such as pancakes, waffles and French toast; frozen bread products, such as breads, rolls and biscuits; dessert products, such as frozen cookies and frozen cookie dough, muffins, and Danishes; and dry mixes for bakery foods. Products are sold to foodservice customers, such as restaurant chains and distributors of foodservice products, retail grocery chains, and mass merchandisers. It utilizes the trademark Krusteaz for frozen griddle products sold to retail grocery chains and mass merchandisers. Also, it produces in-store bakery cookies under
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ralcorp Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ralcorp Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RALCORP HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. History
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ralcorp Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?