- The report contains detailed information about Raisio plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Raisio plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Raisio plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Raisio plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Raisio plc business.
About Raisio plc
Raisio Group Oyj (the company) was founded in 1939. The Companys operations are divided into three business sectors: Raisio chemicals, Raisio nutritiuon and Raisio Life sciences.
Raisio Chemicals serves the paper industry globally, supplying it with functional paper chemical concepts. Raisio Chemicals focuses especially on functional paper chemicals that improve paper and board quality and properties. The product range includes latex binders used for paper coating, specialty chemicals and starch binders. Specialty chemicals include de-inking chemicals, hydrophobic sizes and specialty polymers. Europe and Asia, especially China are the key growth areas.
Specialty chemicals consist of hydrophobic sizes, de-inking chemicals, Raifix and Raisabond polymers and additives for coatings. The main customer groups are manufacturers of fine paper, newsprint paper and packaging board. The market areas are Europe, North and South America and Asia.
Raisio Nutrition comprises the Food business area (Milling, Margarine and Potato Processing businesses), Animal Feeds and Malt business areas as well as the Grain Starch business. Raisio Nutrition focuses mainly on the Baltic region, particularly Finland, Poland and Russia.
Raisio Nutritions current business operations are based on total control and traceability of the processing chain from vegetable-based raw materials grain, oil plants and potatoes into foods, raw materials for other food production and animal feeds.
Food business area
The Food business area comprises Milling, Margarine and Potato Processing.
Grains: The product range includes flakes, flours, pasta and rice. Other brand names in Finland: Sunnuntai, Risella, Ani Helena, Torino and Nalle.
Margarines: Besides margarine, the product range includes vegetable-based cream cheeses and edible oils. Finnish brands are Benecol, Keiju, Kultasula, Sunnuntai.
Potato products: The product range includes frozen and dried products, such as French fries, mashed potato powders and special potato products.
The Animal Feeds business area makes highly processed feed mixes for farm animals and special feeds for fish and fur animals. The Animal Feeds business area comprises Raisio Feed Ltd, which makes farm and fish feeds, Monäs Feed Oy Ab which produces feeds for fur farming and the Oil Milling business which processes vegetable oils and protein meal for use as raw material in Raisios own food and animal feed operations. Raisio Feed's best-known brands in Finland: Herkku, Maituri, Melli, Nutra, Royal and Hercules.
The business area Malt's is to be a growing and developing unit forming a link in the value chain of brewery products as Finnish barley is processed into beer and whisky.
Raisio's oil milling plant is a major manufacturer of vegetable oils and protein meals in Finland. The product range includes soybean and rapeseed oils, as well as soybean and rapeseed meals. The annual production capacity is approximately 180,000 tonnes of vegetable oils and meals, of which 2/3 are refined from soybean and 1/3 from rapeseed. Oil and milling Products include vegetable oils and protein meals.
Raisio Life Sciences
Raisio Life Sciences produces functional food ingredients and food diagnostics. Raisio Life Sciences (RLS) develops, produces and markets food ingredients with health benefits, feed components and also analytical systems, diagnostic testing systems and reagents for testing the food safety and quality. The companys main focus is to respond to health problems such as heart health, diabetes, and allergy in industrial countries, with nutritional methods.
The main product of the Raisio Life Sciences business sector is the Benecol ingredient, stanol ester. Stanol ester is used in a number of products including margarine, yoghurt, milk and snack bars.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RAISIO PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RAISIO PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RAISIO PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RAISIO PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RAISIO PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Raisio plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Raisio plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Raisio plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Raisio plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Raisio plc Industry Position Analysis
6. RAISIO PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RAISIO PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RAISIO PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FINLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RAISIO PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RAISIO PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RAISIO PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Raisio plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Raisio plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Raisio plc Major Shareholders
Raisio plc History
Raisio plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Raisio plc Offices and Representations
Raisio plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Raisio plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Raisio plc Capital Market Snapshot
Raisio plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Raisio plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Raisio plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Raisio plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Raisio plc 1-year Stock Charts
Raisio plc 5-year Stock Charts
Raisio plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Raisio plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Raisio plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?