- The report contains detailed information about Pilgrim's Pride Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pilgrim's Pride Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pilgrim's Pride Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pilgrim's Pride Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pilgrim's Pride Corporation business.
About Pilgrim's Pride Corporation
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation produces poultry in the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company produces both prepared and fresh chicken and turkey. Through vertical integration, the Company controls the breeding, hatching and growing of chickens. It also controls the processing, preparation, packaging and sale of its product lines.
The company operates in three business segments, such as a producer and seller of chicken products; a producer and seller of turkey products; and other products.
The Companys chicken products consist primarily of:
Prepared chicken products: Prepared chicken products are the products, such as portion-controlled breast fillets, tenderloins and strips, delicatessen products, salads, formed nuggets and patties and bone-in chicken parts. These products are sold refrigerated, frozen, and cooked, partially cooked or raw. In addition, these products are breaded or non-breaded and either pre-marinated or non-marinated.
Fresh chicken: This is refrigerated (non-frozen) whole or cut-up chicken sold to the foodservice industry either pre-marinated or non-marinated. Fresh chicken also includes prepackaged case-ready chicken, which includes various combinations of freshly refrigerated, whole chickens and chicken parts in trays, bags or other consumer packs labeled and priced ready for the retail grocers fresh meat counter.
Export and other chicken products: These are primarily parts and whole chicken, either refrigerated or frozen for the United States export or domestic use, and chicken prepared foods products for the United States export.
The Company's Turkey products consist primarily of:
Prepared turkey products: These are products, such as turkey sausages, ground turkey, turkey hams and roasts, ground turkey breast products, salads and flavored turkey burgers. The Company also has an array of cooked, further processed deli products.
Fresh turkey: These include turkey burgers, and fresh and frozen whole birds, and also semi-boneless whole turkey, which have bones except the drumsticks removed.
The Company's other products consist of:
Other types of meat along with various other staples purchased and sold by its distribution centers; and the production and sale of table eggs, commercial feeds and related items and proteins.
The Company also sells fresh chicken products to the foodservice and retail markets. The Company targets the foodservice industry, principally chain restaurants, food processors, line distributors and certain other institutions located throughout the continental U.S. The retail market consists primarily of grocery store chains, wholesale clubs and other retail distributors.
The Company's major customer includes Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Foodservice customers: The Company's foodservice customers include chain restaurants, food processors, foodservice distributors and certain other institutions. It sells products to foodservice customers ranging from portion-controlled refrigerated poultry parts to fully-cooked and frozen, breaded or non-breaded poultry parts or formed products.
Retail customers: The Companys retail customers include grocery store chains, wholesale clubs and other retail distributors. It sells to retail customers branded, pre-packaged, cut-up and whole poultry, and fresh refrigerated or frozen whole poultry and poultry parts in trays, bags or other consumer packs.
The Company's major competitor in the United States includes Tyson Foods, Inc. and in Mexico includes Industrias Bachoco SA de CV.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation was incorporated in 1946.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pilgrim's Pride Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pilgrim's Pride Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PILGRIM'S PRIDE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Major Shareholders
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation History
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Offices and Representations
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?