- The report contains detailed information about Omega Protein Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Omega Protein Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Omega Protein Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Omega Protein Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Omega Protein Corp. business.
About Omega Protein Corp.
Omega Protein Corporation engages in processing, marketing, and distributing fish meal and fish oil products in the United States. The company produces and sells various protein and oil products derived from menhaden, a species of wild herring-like fish found along the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic coast. It processes various grades of fish meal, as well as fish oil and fish solubles. It sells primarily to Asian, European, and Canadian markets.
The companys fish meal products are primarily used as a protein ingredient in animal feed for swine, cattle, aquaculture, and household pets. Fish oil is utilized for animal and aquaculture feeds, industrial applications, additives to human food products, and as dietary supplements. The companys fish solubles are sold primarily to livestock feed manufacturers, aquaculture feed manufacturers, and for use as an organic fertilizer.
The company operates through two primary subsidiaries: Omega Protein, Inc. and Omega Shipyard, Inc. Omega Protein, Inc. is the companys principal operating subsidiary for its menhaden processing business. Omega Shipyard, Inc. owns a drydock facility in Moss Point, Mississippi, which is used to provide shoreside maintenance for the companys fishing fleet and for third-party vessels.
Fish meal is the principal product made from menhaden, which is sold primarily as a high-protein feed ingredient. It is used as a feed ingredient in feed formulated for pigs and other livestock, aquaculture, and household pets.
Special Select: Special Select is a premium grade low temperature processed fish meal. Special Select is targeted for monogastrics, including baby pigs, turkey poults, pets, shrimp, and fish.
SeaLac: SeaLac is similar to Special Select in its freshness (low TVN) and gentle drying (high digestibility). This product is made specifically for dairy and beef cattle, sheep, goats and other ruminants requiring bypass protein.
FAQ Meal: FAQ (Fair Average Quality) Meal, the companys commodity grade fish meal, guarantees a protein content. This product is used in protein blends for poultry, catfish, pets, and other animals.
The company produces crude unrefined fish oil, refined fish oil, and food grade oils.
Unrefined Fish Oil: Unrefined fish oil (crude fish oil) is the companys basic fish oil product. This grade of fish oil has not undergone any portion of the refining process. The crude fish oil is sold as a feed ingredient to the aquaculture industry.
Refined Fish Oil: The companys refined fish oils come in three basic grades. Refined oils also include industrial grade oils which are used in various industrial applications.
Feed Grade Oils: Feed grade menhaden oil is processed and refined to offer an Omega-3 oil for use in pet, aquaculture, and livestock feeds, as well as agricultural and attractant applications. The companys refined feed grade fish oils are sold in two basic grades under the name Virginia Prime. Virginia Prime Gold fish oil is alkali refined, bleached and then fractionated. Virginia Prime Platinum fish oil is alkali refined, bleached, fractionated and then deodorized.
SeaCide: SeaCide is a blend of refined menhaden oil, cottonseed oil, and an organic emulsifier developed for use against target pests and fungal diseases that occur in various field crops, orchards, vineyards and greenhouse operations. SeaCide is an organic alternative to chemical insecticides and fungicides.
OmegaEquis: OmegaEquis is a specialty feed additive product for the equine market that supplies omega-3 fatty acids to horses. OmegaEquis is Virginia Prime Gold that has been alkali refined, bleached, fractionated and then flavored to improve palatability.
Industrial Grade Oils: The companys industrial grade menhaden oils are refined and processed to improve the fatty acid range, making them desirable for various drying and lubricating applications, including coolant transfer, chemical raw material, drying and rustproofing paints, drilling fluids, and leather treatment chemicals.
Food Grade Oils: The company has developed a process to refine menhaden oil to remove flavor, odor, color and pro-
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Omega Protein Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Omega Protein Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Omega Protein Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Omega Protein Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Omega Protein Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OMEGA PROTEIN CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Omega Protein Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Omega Protein Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Omega Protein Corp. Major Shareholders
Omega Protein Corp. History
Omega Protein Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Omega Protein Corp. Offices and Representations
Omega Protein Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Omega Protein Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Omega Protein Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Omega Protein Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Omega Protein Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Omega Protein Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Omega Protein Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Omega Protein Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Omega Protein Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Omega Protein Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Omega Protein Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Omega Protein Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?