- The report contains detailed information about Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. business.
About Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd.
Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd. engages in the marine, foods, chemicals, and distribution businesses, primarily in Japan.
Marine Products Business
The company focuses on aquaculture business to maintain procurement and processing bases of natural marine resources worldwide. For salmon aquaculture operating in South America, the company has established a vertically-integrated system for completing the whole process from breeding of parent fish, spawning, aquaculture, to processing through its own technologies. In addition, the company engages in aquaculture of black tiger shrimp in Indonesia, eel aquaculture in China, and yellowtail and Bluefin tuna aquaculture in Japan.
The company processes procured marine resources into a variety of products, including fillet, surimi (fish paste), and products that are closer to ready-to-be-served food. The company has processing bases located in Japan, North America (Gorton's, Inc., King & Prince Seafood Corp.) and Europe (Cite Marine S.A.S.) where the products are consumed, with Shandong Sanfod Nissui, Ltd. in China operating as a processing base. This business produces and sells a variety of products in Japan, such as frozen prepared foods for household and commercial uses, canned and bottled foods, fish sausage, chikuwa, and imitation crab and fish paste products; additionally, products are furnished to chilled foods companies that serve as vendors for convenience stores.
The company conducts research and development to convert marine resources into value-added products, such as pharmaceutical and health ingredients, as well as marine products and food products. The company jointly developed and commercialized high-purified EPA as pharmaceutical ingredients with Mochida Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and supplies EPA/DHA refined for foods as nutritional products, food products such as baby formula, and supplements in Japan and overseas, including Western countries and Asia.
The company also sells IMARK, specialized health food containing EPA and DPA, by mail order in Japan. It concentrates on dealing with natural pharmaceutical products, supplements, culture media and diagnostic products. Furthermore, in addition to the Tsukuba Plant that specializes in functional oils and fats, the company is in the process of constructing the Kashima Plant (Ibaraki Prefecture).
General Distribution Business of the company, which supports Marine Products Business and Processed Food Business, was integrated into Nissui Logistics in April 2007. The firm operates the business in three segments by utilizing the know-how of chilled product distributions. The main segment is Cold Storage Business, which comprises a network of cold storage operations established over Japan. The second is Third Party Logistics (3PL) business, which is entrusted to operate general distribution for mass merchandisers and the food service industry. And the third is International Marine Logistics business, which supports the global supply chain of the NISSUI Group.
The company, through Nissui Engineering, engages in building, repairing and operating ships, and sells equipment and plant hardware used in the processing segment based on technologies and manpower. Additionally, Nippon Marine Enterprises provides opportunities for Marine Technicians or engineers who have acquired professional techniques.
Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd. was founded in 1911.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NIPPON SUISAN KAISHA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Major Shareholders
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. History
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Offices and Representations
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?