- The report contains detailed information about MGP Ingredients Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MGP Ingredients Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MGP Ingredients Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MGP Ingredients Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MGP Ingredients Inc. business.
About MGP Ingredients Inc.
MGP Ingredients, Inc. engages in the development, production, and commercialization of ingredients and distillery products which are derived from wheat flour and corn to serve the packaged goods industry.
The company has three reportable segments: Ingredient Solutions, Distillery Products, and Other.
INGREDIENT SOLUTIONS SEGMENT
The Ingredient Solutions segments products primarily consist of specialty wheat starches, specialty wheat proteins, commodity wheat starch, and vital wheat gluten.
Specialty Wheat Starches
The company produces a white premium wheat starch powder by extracting the starch from the starch slurry and then by spray, flash or drum drying the starch. Its specialty wheat starches are used primarily for food applications as an additive in various food products to affect their nutritional profile, appearance, texture, tenderness, taste, palatability, cooking temperature, stability, viscosity, binding, and freeze-thaw characteristics. The company also sells its specialty starches for various non-food applications, which include biopolymer products, and for use in the manufacture of adhesives, paper coatings, carbonless paper, and wall board.
Fibersym Resistant Starch series: These starches serve as a source of dietary fiber. Its resistant starches possess a white color and neutral flavor that allow food formulators to create a range of both traditional and non-traditional fiber enhanced products that are savory in both appearance and taste. Applications include pan breads, pizza crust, flour tortillas, cookies, muffins, pastries, and cakes.
FiberRite RW Resistant Starch: FiberRite RW is a product that improves dietary fiber levels while also reducing fat and caloric content in such foods as breads, sweet goods, ice cream, yogurt, salad dressings, sandwich spreads, and emulsified meats.
Pregel Instant Starch series: The companys Pregel starches perform as an instant thickener in bakery mixes, allowing fruit, nuts, and other particles, such as chocolate pieces to be uniformly suspended in the finished product. In coating systems, batter pick-up can be controlled for improved yield and consistent product appearance.
Midsol Cook-up Starch series: These starches are important in products such as soups, sauces, gravies, salad dressings, fillings, and batter systems. These starches control expansion in extruded breakfast cereals. In addition, they provide textural enhancement and moisture management in processed foods, especially during storage under frozen and refrigerated conditions.
Commodity Wheat Starch
The company's commodity wheat starch has both food and non-food applications.
Specialty Wheat Proteins
The company has developed various specialty wheat proteins for food and non-food applications. Wheat proteins for food applications include products in the Arise, Wheatex, HWG 2009, and FP series.
Arise series: The companys Arise series of products consists of specialty wheat proteins that increase the freshness and shelf life of frozen, refrigerated and fresh dough products after they are baked. Certain ingredients in this series are also sold for use in the manufacture of high protein, lower net carbohydrate products.
Wheatex series: This series consists of texturized wheat proteins made from vital wheat gluten by changing it into a pliable substance through special processing. Texturized wheat proteins are used for meat, poultry and fish substitutes, extenders and binders. Wheatex mimics the textural characteristics and appearance of meat, fish and poultry products.
FP series: The FP series of products consists of specialty wheat proteins, each tailored for use in various food applications. These include proteins that can be used to form barriers to fat and moisture penetration.
HWG 2009: This is a hydrolyzed wheat protein that is rich in peptide-bonded glutamine, an amino acid that counters muscle fatigue brought on by exercise and other physical activities. Applications include nutritional beverages and snack products.
Vital Wheat Gluten
Vital wheat gluten is a free-flowing light tan powder which contains approximately 75 to 80 percen
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MGP Ingredients Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MGP Ingredients Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MGP Ingredients Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MGP Ingredients Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MGP Ingredients Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MGP INGREDIENTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MGP Ingredients Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MGP Ingredients Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MGP Ingredients Inc. Major Shareholders
MGP Ingredients Inc. History
MGP Ingredients Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MGP Ingredients Inc. Offices and Representations
MGP Ingredients Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MGP Ingredients Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MGP Ingredients Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MGP Ingredients Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
MGP Ingredients Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MGP Ingredients Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MGP Ingredients Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MGP Ingredients Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MGP Ingredients Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MGP Ingredients Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MGP Ingredients Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MGP Ingredients Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?