- The report contains detailed information about Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. business.
About Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc.
Mendocino Brewing Company, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of beer and malt beverages for the specialty craft segment of the beer market.
The company operate in three geographic markets: the United States; Europe (including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom); and Canada.
The companys domestic operations consist primarily of brewing and marketing proprietary craft beers, including Red Tail Ale, Blue Heron Pale Ale, Black Hawk Stout, Eye of the Hawk Select Ale, White Hawk Original IPA, and Red Tail Lager, and a licensed international specialty beer, Kingfisher Premium Lager. For domestic distribution, the company brews its brands in its own facilities, which are located in Ukiah, California and Saratoga Springs, New York. Domestically, it distributes its products in states and the District of Columbia.
The companys foreign operations, which are conducted through its wholly-owned subsidiary United Breweries International (U.K.) Limited (UBI) and UBI's wholly-owned subsidiary UBSN, Limited (UBSN), consist primarily of the marketing and distribution of Kingfisher Premium Lager in the European Territory through Indian restaurants, chain retail grocers, liquor stores, and other retail outlets (such as convenience stores). It holds a license from United Breweries Limited, an Indian public limited company (UB Limited) to brew and distribute Kingfisher Premium Lager in the European Union, Canada and the United States. The companys beers sold in the foreign territory are brewed in England under a contract with Shepherd Neame, Ltd. (Shepherd Neame), an English brewer.
For distribution in the Domestic Territory, the company brews six ales, one wheat beer, three lagers, one stout and a root beer on a year-round basis, and five seasonal ales. All of these products are brewed at its production facilities in Ukiah, California, and Saratoga Springs, New York. The locations of the breweries serve the markets of California, New York, and the New England states.
The company's principal products include RED TAIL ALE, flavored amber ale, is the company's brand and It is available year-round in 12 oz. six-packs, 12-packs, half-barrel kegs, and 5 gallon kegs; BLUE HERON PALE ALE, a golden ale with a body and a distinctive hop character, and is available year-round in 12 oz. six-packs and 12-packs, half-barrel kegs, and 5 gallon kegs; BLACK HAWK STOUT is a bodied stout with traditional flavors and is available year-round in 12 oz. six-packs, half-barrel kegs, and 5 gallon kegs; EYE OF THE HAWK SELECT ALE is a bodied amber ale and is available year round in 12 oz. six-packs, half-barrel kegs, and 5 gallon kegs; WHITE HAWK ORIGINAL IPA is a hopped ale with distinctive hop character and bold malt flavor and it is available year round in 12 oz. six-packs and half-barrel kegs; and RED TAIL LAGER is a traditional lager, with a light feel and a crisp sweet finish ad its is available year-round only in northern California in 12-oz. six packs and half-barrel kegs.
The company also offers KINGFISHER PREMIUM LAGER is a fermented lager with a crisp taste. In the Domestic Territory, Kingfisher Premium Lager is available year-round in 12 oz. six-packs, 22 oz. bottles, half-barrel kegs, and 5 gallon kegs. In the Foreign Territory, it is available year-round, in 330ml and 660ml bottles in multi-packs in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and continental Europe and in 330ml bottles in Canada, as well as in various keg sizes. In the United Kingdom, it is also available on tap in Indian restaurants. In the United States, it is available on tap in a few pubs and Indian restaurants.
The companys major customer in the domestic territory is Mesa Distributing Company, Inc. Its principal European customer is Shepherd Neame.
The company's major suppliers in the United States include Great Western Malting Co., Yakima, WA, and Canada Malting Company, Montreal, Canada (malt); Hop Union LLC, Yakima, WA (hops); Gamer Packaging Inc., Minneapolis, MN (bottles and crowns); Alliance Packaging, Seattle, WA, and International Paper Co. Pittsburg, PA (cartons); Sierra Pacific Packaging, Oroville, CA and Keystone Paper and Box Co, South Windsor, CT (carriers); and DWS Printing Associates, Bay Shore, NY (labels). Its major supplier for the foreign territory includes Shepherd Neame.
Mendocino Brewing Company, Inc. was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MENDOCINO BREWING CO. INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Major Shareholders
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. History
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Offices and Representations
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mendocino Brewing Co. Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?