- The report contains detailed information about Mead Johnson Nutrition Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mead Johnson Nutrition Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mead Johnson Nutrition Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mead Johnson Nutrition Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mead Johnson Nutrition Company business.
About Mead Johnson Nutrition Company
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company provides pediatric nutrition products. The company offers nutritional brands and products that help improve the health and development of infants and children worldwide.
The companys product portfolio addresses a range of nutritional needs for infants, children, and expectant and nursing mothers. The company markets its portfolio of approximately 70 products to mothers, health care professionals and retailers in approximately 50 countries in Asia, North America, Latin America, and Europe.
The company operates in two segments: Asia/Latin America and North America/Europe.
Enfa Family of Brands
The Enfa family of brands includes various infant formula and childrens nutrition brands. The Enfa family of brands features products that include docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA), which support brain, visual and nervous system development.
The company, in addition to the Enfa family of brands, markets other brands on a local, regional or global basis. These brands complement the Enfa family of brands portfolio and are designed to serve the nutritional needs of populations (such as ChocoMilk and Cal-C-Tose) or the specific nutritional needs of infants under the supervision of health care professionals (such as Nutramigen).
The companys pediatric nutrition products are grouped by category of feeding: infant formula products, childrens nutrition products, and other products.
The companys infant formula products include formulas for routine feeding and mild intolerance, as well as specialty formula products, including formulas for severe intolerance, formulas for premature and low birth weight infants and medical nutrition products.
Routine Infant Formula
The company designs routine infant formula as a breast milk substitute for healthy, full-term infants without special nutritional needs both for use as the infants sole source of nutrition and as a supplement to breastfeeding. It also provides products with in its routine formula line for healthy full-term infants who experience common feeding problems with symptoms such as mild spit-up, fussiness or gas.
The company markets the same product under different names in different regions. Its premium Stage 1 infant formula containing DHA and ARA is sold under the brands Enfamil LIPIL in the United States, Enfamil Premium in Latin America and Enfamil A+/Enfalac A+ in Asia and Europe. The company markets its routine infant formulas for mild intolerance, such as Gentlease and Prosobee under the Enfa family of brands name. In parts of Asia, Latin America and Europe, the company uses the name Enfapro for its Stage 2 products.
The companys specialty formulas include: formulas for severe intolerance, formulas for premature and low birth weight infants, and medical nutrition products.
Formulas for Severe Intolerance: The company designs formulas for severe intolerance to be used upon the specific recommendation and under the supervision of a doctor. It specially formulates these products for use by infants displaying symptoms of certain conditions or diagnosed with special medical needs.
The company designed Nutramigen infant formula for use by infants with severe milk protein allergies. Nutramigen with LGG infant formula is a variant of Nutramigen that it markets in Europe. LGG is a probiotic ingredient that has been associated with reduced incidence of infant atopic dermatitis, a non-contagious skin disease characterized by chronic inflammation of the skin, resulting from an allergy to cows milk. Nutramigen AA infant formula is an amino acid formula the company formulated with fully broken-down proteins which can be consumed without the need for digestion of the protein.
Formulas for Premature and Low Birth Weight Infants
The company also designs products for premature and low birth weight infants to meet these infants needs under the supervision of a doctor, most often in the hospital. The company designed Enfamil Human Milk Fortifier product as a supplement to a mothers breast milk that improv
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mead Johnson Nutrition Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mead Johnson Nutrition Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Industry Position Analysis
6. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEAD JOHNSON NUTRITION COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Major Shareholders
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company History
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Offices and Representations
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Capital Market Snapshot
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company 1-year Stock Charts
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company 5-year Stock Charts
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?