- The report contains detailed information about Margo Caribe Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Margo Caribe Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Margo Caribe Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Margo Caribe Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Margo Caribe Inc. business.
About Margo Caribe Inc.
Margo Caribe, Inc. engages in the production and distribution of tropical plants for sale to interior and exterior landscapers, wholesalers and retailers. The company is also engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of its own line of planting media (Rain Forest), sales and distribution of lawn and garden products, acting as sales agent for consumer related products and provides landscaping design installation and maintenance services.
The company is also engaged in seeking real estate sites for the development of residential housing projects. The company, in the year 2005, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Margo State Line, Inc. (State Line), acquired the operations of State Line Bark & Mulch, Inc. Through this subsidiary, the company is engaged in the manufacture and sale of bark and premium cypress and pine mulch, as well as several composted and soil mixes.
The companys nursery facility is located in Vega Alta, Puerto Rico. From this facility, the company sells principally to customers in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. State Line operations are conducted on a 100-acre parcel of land located in Folkston, Georgia.
The company has five segments identified by line of business: the production and marketing of tropical and flowering plants (plants); the sale of related lawn and garden products in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean (lawn and garden); the provision of landscaping services (landscaping); the production and sale of premium cypress mulch and related products in the United States (State Line); and construction and development of residential projects (real estate).
The companys operations include Margo Caribe, Inc.; Margo Nursery Farms, Inc. (Nursery Farms); Margo Landscaping & Design, Inc. (Landscaping); Margo Garden Products, Inc. (Garden Products); Rain Forest Products Group, Inc. (Rain Forest); Margo State Line, Inc. (State Line); Garrochales Construction and Development Corporation (Garrochales Construction); Margo Development Corporation (Margo Development); and a one-third equity interest in Salinas Holdings, Inc. (Salinas).
Nursery Farms: Nursery Farms, which operates under the trade name of Margo Farms del Caribe, is engaged in the production and distribution of tropical and flowering plants. Its products are primarily used for the interior and exterior landscaping of office buildings, shopping malls, hotels and other commercial sites, as well as private residences. In its nursery facility located in Vega Alta, Puerto Rico, Nursery Farms produces various types of palms, flowering and ornamental plants, trees, shrubs, bedding plants and ground covers. Its customers include wholesalers, big box retailers, garden stores, chain stores, municipalities, and landscapers primarily located in Puerto Rico and the Northeast Caribbean.
Landscaping: Margo Landscaping & Design, Inc. provides landscaping, maintenance and design services to customers in Puerto Rico.
Garden Products: Garden Products is engaged in the sale of lawn and garden products, including plastic and terracotta pottery, planting media (soil, and peat moss) and mulch. Among the various lawn and garden product lines it distributes, Garden Products is the exclusive distributor (for Puerto Rico and the Caribbean) of Sunniland Corporations fertilizer and pesticide products, Greenes Fence Company, Oldcastle-Greenleaf Products, Inc., Fiskars Consumer Product Division, L.R. Nelson Consumer Products, Telcom decorative pottery, Terro Products, Crysalia plastic pottery, Lambert Peat Moss Products, North American Outdoor Products, Term-A-Rid and DEROMA Italian terracotta pottery.
Rain Forest: Rain Forest is engaged in the manufacturing of potting soils, professional growing mixes, river rock, gravel and related aggregates. Rain Forests products are marketed by Garden Products.
Margo State Line, Inc.: The company, as of February 16, 2005, through its wholly-owned subsidiary State Line, acquired all the assets (other than real estate) of State-Line Bark & Mulch. State Line is engaged in the manufacturing and sale of bark and premium cypress and pine mulch, as well as several composted and potting soils. State Line operates out of a facility in Folkston, Georgia and its products are primarily marketed in the United States, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean, through Garden Products.
Garrochales Construction and Development Corporation: Margo Development and Garrochales Construction were created for the development of residential projects in Puerto Rico. Garrochales Construction is in the process of obtaining all the required permits for the development of a new residential project in the Municipality of Arecibo, Puerto Rico.
Salinas: Salinas, of which the company owns a one third equity interest, is a joint venture to grow sod, palms and trees on a farm of approximately 262 cuerdas (a cuerda equals approximately 0.97 of an acre) located in the Municipality of Salinas, Puerto Rico.
The company markets primarily in Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, as well as the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast United States.
The principal customers of the company are wholesalers, mass merchandisers, chain stores, retailers, garden centers, hotels, landscapers, mulch brokers, government projects and commercial businesses located in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. The companys landscaping division targets construction and government projects that require extensive landscaping.
Joint Venture in Salinas: The company, as of October 14, 2002, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Nursery Farms, entered into a joint venture to grow sod, palms and trees on a farm of approximately 262 cuerdas located in the Municipality of Salinas, Puerto Rico, operated by Salinas. Salinas is an entity in which Nursery Farms owns a one-third equity interest.
Margo Caribe, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARGO CARIBE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARGO CARIBE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARGO CARIBE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARGO CARIBE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARGO CARIBE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Margo Caribe Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Margo Caribe Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Margo Caribe Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Margo Caribe Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Margo Caribe Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MARGO CARIBE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARGO CARIBE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARGO CARIBE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARGO CARIBE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARGO CARIBE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARGO CARIBE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Margo Caribe Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Margo Caribe Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Margo Caribe Inc. Major Shareholders
Margo Caribe Inc. History
Margo Caribe Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Margo Caribe Inc. Offices and Representations
Margo Caribe Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Margo Caribe Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Margo Caribe Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Margo Caribe Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Margo Caribe Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Margo Caribe Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Margo Caribe Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Margo Caribe Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Margo Caribe Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Margo Caribe Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Margo Caribe Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Margo Caribe Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?