- The report contains detailed information about Lifeway Foods Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lifeway Foods Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lifeway Foods Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lifeway Foods Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lifeway Foods Inc. business.
About Lifeway Foods Inc.
Lifeway Foods, Inc. engages in the manufacture and marketing of probiotic, cultured, functional dairy and non-dairy health food products.
The company's primary products are kefir, a drinkable dairy beverage similar to but distinct from yogurt, in various flavors sold under the name Lifeway Kefir and Helios Nutrition Organic Kefir; a line of various drinkable yogurts sold under the La Fruta, Tuscan and Lassi brands; and BasicsPlus, a dairy based immune-supporting dietary supplement beverage. The company also produces various soy-based kefir beverages under the SoyTreat trademark.
In addition to the drinkable products, it manufactures Lifeway Farmer Cheese, a line of various farmer cheeses, a line of gourmet cream cheeses, and Sweet Kiss, a fruit sugar-flavored spreadable cheese similar in consistency to cream cheese. The company also manufactures and markets a vegetable-based seasoning under the Golden Zesta brand.
Lifeways Kefir: Lifeways Kefir is a drinkable kefir product manufactured in 10 regular and low-fat varieties, including plain, pomegranate, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, peach, banana-strawberry, cappuccino and vanilla, and sold in 32 ounce containers and 8 ounce single serving containers featuring color-coded caps and labels describing nutritional information. It also markets its non-fat, low cholesterol kefir in six flavors, including plain, raspberry, strawberry, strawberry-banana, peach and blueberry. The kefir product is marketed under the name Lifeways Kefir, and is typically sold by retailers from their dairy sections.
Lifeways Organic Soytreat: SoyTreat is a soy alternative to dairy kefir and is made from organic soy milk, which is derived from non-genetically modified soybeans. SoyTreat also provides 7.0g of soy protein per serving, and features the United States Food and Drug Administration-approved health claim, 25g of soy protein a day as part of a diet low in saturated fat can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. SoyTreat is manufactured in two flavors: strawberry and peach.
Lifeways Organic Kefir: Lifeways Organic Kefir is manufactured in five flavors: plain, wildberry, raspberry, strawberry and peach. Lifeways Organic Kefir is sweetened with organic cane juice.
Lifeways Slim6: Lifeways Slim6 is a line of low-fat kefir beverages with no added sugar designed for consumers who follow low-carbohydrate diets. Lifeways Slim6 has 8 grams of carbohydrates and 2.5 grams of fat per 8-ounce serving and is available in five flavors: strawberries n cream, mixed berry, tropical fruit, strawberry-banana and an original, unsweetened version.
Probugs: ProBugs is a kefir product that contains 10 live and active kefir cultures. Targeted at children ages 2-9, ProBugs comes in three flavors, Sublime Slime Lime, Orange Creamy Crawlert, and Goo-Berry Pie and is packaged in patented no spill spout pouches designed as cartoon bug characters Peter, Polly and Penelope ProBug.
La Fruta Drinkable Yogurt: La Fruta is a yogurt like drink similar to a milkshake or smoothie that is specifically formulated to accommodate the Hispanic market. La Fruta is manufactured in six flavors: strawberry, mango, pina colada, banana-strawberry, horchata and tres leches.
La Fruta Cheese: La Fruta Cheese is a cheese product similar to cream cheese that is specifically formulated to accommodate the Hispanic market. La Fruta Cheese is manufactured in a tres leches flavor.
Tuscan Brand Drinkable Yogurt: Tuscan Brand Drinkable Yogurt is a cultured dairy beverage mainly marketed on the East Coast and manufactured in various flavors.
Farmer Cheese: Farmer Cheese is based on a cultured soft cheese and is intended to be used in various recipes as a substitute for cream cheese or ricotta, and is available in various styles.
Sweet Kiss: Sweet Kiss is a sweet cheese probiotic spread available in five flavors: plain, plain with raisins, apple, peach and chocolate.
Elita; Bambino: Elita and Bambino cheeses are cheese spreads which are marketed as an alternative to cream cheese.
Krestyanski Tworog: Krestyanski Tworog is a European-style kefir-based soft style cheese which can also be used in various recipes, eaten with a spoon, used as a cheese spread, or substituted in recipes for cream cheese, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese and is marketed to consumers of various Eastern European ethnicities.
Basics Plus: Basics Plus is a patented kefir-based beverage product designed to improve gastrointestinal functions, enhancing the immune system.
Kefir Starter: Kefir Starter is a powdered form of kefir that is sold in envelope packets and allows a consumer to make their own drinkable kefir at home by adding milk.
Lassi: Lassi is a cultured drink inspired by the traditions of India. It is sold in 8 ounce containers in two flavors, strawberry and mango.
Golden Zesta: Golden Zesta is a vegetable-based seasoning, which may also be used as a salt substitute and is marketed to delicatessens, gourmet shops and ethnic grocers.
Its Pudding: Its Pudding! is the organic pudding produced in the following flavors: rice, chocolate, vanilla, banana and tapioca.
Helios Nutrition Organic Kefir: Helios Nutrition Organic Kefir is a kefir product made from organic milk and manufactured with a blend of active cultures. It is sold in 8 and 32 ounce bottles and made in five flavors: peach, plain, strawberry, vanilla and raspberry.
The company distributes its products to various accounts throughout the United States. The customers are concentrated in the retail food industry, such as Traders Joes. With its company-owned trucks, it distributes its products directly in the State of Illinois, primarily in the Chicago metropolitan area. It also directly distributes its products in the Philadelphia and Tri State metropolitan area.
In 2009, the company acquired Fresh Made, Inc., a Pennsylvania corporation.
Lifeway Foods, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lifeway Foods Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lifeway Foods Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lifeway Foods Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lifeway Foods Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lifeway Foods Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LIFEWAY FOODS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lifeway Foods Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lifeway Foods Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lifeway Foods Inc. Major Shareholders
Lifeway Foods Inc. History
Lifeway Foods Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lifeway Foods Inc. Offices and Representations
Lifeway Foods Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lifeway Foods Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lifeway Foods Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Lifeway Foods Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Lifeway Foods Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lifeway Foods Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lifeway Foods Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lifeway Foods Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Lifeway Foods Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Lifeway Foods Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lifeway Foods Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lifeway Foods Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?