- The report contains detailed information about Lancaster Colony Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lancaster Colony Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lancaster Colony Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lancaster Colony Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lancaster Colony Corporation business.
About Lancaster Colony Corporation
Lancaster Colony Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of consumer products focusing primarily on specialty foods for the retail and foodservice markets in the United States. The company also manufactures and markets candles for the food, drug, and mass markets. It also engages in the distribution of various products, including glassware and candles to commercial markets.
The company operates in two business segments, Specialty Foods; and Glassware and Candles.
The Specialty Foods segment manufactures and sells various food products, including salad dressings and sauces marketed under the brand names Marzetti, T. Marzetti, Cardinis, Pfeiffer, and Girards; fruit glazes, vegetable dips, and fruit dips marketed under the brand name T. Marzetti; Greek yogurt vegetable dips marketed under the brand name Otria; frozen breads marketed under the brand names New York BRAND and Mamma Bella; frozen Parkerhouse style yeast dinner rolls and sweet rolls, as well as biscuits, marketed under the brand names Sister Schuberts, Marshalls, and Mary Bs; premium dry egg noodles marketed under the brand names Inn Maid and Amish Kitchen; frozen specialty noodles and pastas marketed under the brand names Reames and Aunt Vis; croutons and related products marketed under the brand names New York BRAND, Texas Toast, Chatham Village, Cardinis, and T. Marzetti; and caviar marketed under the brand name Romanoff. A portion of its sales in this segment relates to products sold under private label to retailers, distributors, and restaurants primarily in the United States. Additionally, a portion of its sales relates to frozen specialty noodles and pastas sold to industrial customers for use as ingredients in their products.
The dressings, sauces, croutons, fruit glazes, vegetable dips, fruit dips, frozen breads, and yeast rolls are sold primarily through sales personnel, food brokers, and distributors in various geographic areas in the United States, with sales being made to retail, club stores, and foodservice markets. Products it sells in the foodservice markets are often custom-formulated and include salad dressings, sandwich and dipping sauces, frozen breads, and yeast rolls. The dry egg noodles, frozen specialty noodles and pasta are sold through sales personnel, food brokers, and distributors to retail, foodservice, and industrial markets.
Glassware and Candles
The Glassware and Candles segment sells candles, candle accessories, and other home fragrance products in various sizes, forms, and fragrance in retail markets to mass merchants, supermarkets, drug stores, and specialty shops under the Candle-lite brand name. A portion of its candle business is marketed under private label. It also sells candles, glassware, and various other products to customers in certain commercial markets, including restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and schools.
The companys major customer includes Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Lancaster Colony Corporation was founded in 1961.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lancaster Colony Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lancaster Colony Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lancaster Colony Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lancaster Colony Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lancaster Colony Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LANCASTER COLONY CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lancaster Colony Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lancaster Colony Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lancaster Colony Corporation Major Shareholders
Lancaster Colony Corporation History
Lancaster Colony Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lancaster Colony Corporation Offices and Representations
Lancaster Colony Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lancaster Colony Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lancaster Colony Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Lancaster Colony Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Lancaster Colony Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lancaster Colony Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lancaster Colony Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lancaster Colony Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Lancaster Colony Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Lancaster Colony Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lancaster Colony Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lancaster Colony Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?