- The report contains detailed information about Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd business.
About Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad engages in plantation, manufacturing, retailing and property development in Malaysia.
The Company has land bank in approximately 360,000 acres, located in Peninsular Malaysia (160,000 acres), Sabah (100,000 acres) and Indonesia (100,000 acres). Oil palm is the predominant crop with an annual production of 1.9 million tonnes of Fresh Fruit Bunches. Processing of the crop is carried out in KLK's own mills and refineries into crude palm oil, RBD palm olein and stearin, and kernel oil and cake.
Oil Palm Products:
Refined, Bleached & Deodorised (RBD) Palm Oil: The Companys RBD palm oil is obtained from refining crude palm oil. It is a light yellow liquid and semi-solid at room temperature, melting to a clear yellow liquid on slight heating. RBD palm oil is used as frying oil for food industries, such as instant noodles and snack food. It can also be used in manufacture of margarine, shortening, vanaspathy, ice cream, condensed milk and soap.
Refined, Bleached & Deodorised (RBD) Palm Olein: RBD palm olein is obtained from fractionating refined palm oil to separate liquid parts (olein) from solid parts (stearin). It is a clear yellow liquid at room temperature. RBD palm olein is used as cooking oil, as well as frying oil for food industries such as snack food and ready-to-eat food. It is also used as a raw material for margarine and shortening.
Refined, Bleached & Deodorised (RBD) Palm Stearin: RBD palm stearin is obtained from fractionating refined palm oil to separate olein from stearin. RBD palm stearin is used in margarine and shortening industries. It is also used in soap, candles and oleochemical industries.
Palm Fatty Acid Distillate: Palm fatty acid distillate (PFAD) is a by-product from refining crude palm oil. Palm fatty acid distillate is used in soap industries, animal feed industries and as raw materials for oleochemical industries. Vitamin E can be extracted from PFAD.
Palm Kernels: Palm kernel is obtained from palm fruitlet after the removal of the mesocarp and shell.
Palm Kernel Oil: Palm kernel oil is obtained from the crushing of palm kernel. Palm kernel oil can be refined into RBD palm kernel oil and its main usage is in oleochemical industries and speciality fats.
Palm Kernel Expeller Cakes: Palm Kernel Expeller Cakes is a by-product from the kernel extraction process. Palm Kernel Expeller Cakes is used as a raw material for animal feed, especially for cattle feed.
Crude Palm Oil: Crude palm oil is obtained from the mesocarp of fresh fruit bunches. It is an orange liquid and semi-solid at room temperature, melting to a clear red-orange liquid on slight heating. Crude palm oil can be refined and further fractionated.
The Company operates an oleochemical complex located in Rawang, Selangor, which produces a range of vegetable oil based fatty acids & glycerine, ethylene-bis-stearamide (a plastic additive), coconut diethanolamide (a foam booster for shampoo), and vegetable based soap noodles for the toilet soap industry.
KLK's vegetable oil refineries in China produce edible oil for use in the food and confectionery industry.
Another subsidiary, Standard Soap, based in UK is involved in the contract manufacturing of soaps and toiletries for the UK and Europe markets. The Company also operates cocoa manufacturing plant producing cocoa liquor, butter and powder in Asia. The Company also produces latex examination, rubber household and industrial gloves for overseas markets. KLK's wooden parquet flooring factory in Ipoh produces parquet mainly for the export market.
Non Resource-Based (Speciality Chemicals): Through an associate company, Yule Catto & Co plc, the Company is involved in the manufacture and sale of speciality chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediates. Its operations cover the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia and South Africa.
In property development division, the company develops residential and commercial properties. The Property Division started with its joint venture in Kumpulan Sierramas (M) Sdn. Bhd. to develop the successful SIERRAMAS project in Sungai Buloh on plantation land previously held by KLK. Desa Coalfields is an upcoming 230 acre freehold mixed residential and commercial township development by KL-Kepong Property Development Sdn Bhd.
In retailing division, KLK engages in retailing and distribution of toiletries. Through Crabtree & Evelyn (C&E), the Company engages in the manufacturing and retailing personal care products, toiletries, home fragrance products and fine foods marketed under the well-recognized brand name of Crabtree & Evelyn. C&E has over 350 stores worldwide in 40 countries throughout North & South America, UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Australia. Its products are manufactured in its production plants located in the USA and UK. C&E products are marketed through its own retail stores, speciality stores, catalogues, hotel amenities, inflight and duty free shops, private label accounts, through the Internet and third party distributors.
In the investment holding division, it invests in quoted and unquoted corporations, and freehold investment property.
In the other division, the company engages in cereal and sheep farming, and money lending business.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Industry Position Analysis
6. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MALAYSIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BHD VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Major Shareholders
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd History
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Offices and Representations
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Capital Market Snapshot
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd 1-year Stock Charts
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd 5-year Stock Charts
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?