- The report contains detailed information about Independence Brewing Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Independence Brewing Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Independence Brewing Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Independence Brewing Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Independence Brewing Company business.
About Independence Brewing Company
Independence Brewing Company produces preservative-free craft-brewed ales, lagers, porters and seasonal beers in the United States. The Company's products are marketed under the Independence label. The Company produces seven products: three styles of beer which are offered year-round, Independence Ale, Independence Gold and Independence Franklinfest; and four which are seasonal beers: Independence William's Winter Warmer (winter); Independence Uncle E$B (spring); Independence Betsy's Kristall Wheat (summer); Independence Thomas' Blonde Bock (fall). The Company brews, kegs and bottles its products at its brewery in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for wholesale distribution generally by 20 independent wholesale distributors in seven states and the District of Columbia.
The Company's brewing equipment has the capacity to brew approximately 40,000 barrels per year, which is in part dependent on the style of beer produced. In 1997, the Company installed a new bottling line in that it increased its bottling capacity to 150 bottles per minute. For the year ended December 31, 1998, the Company produced approximately 9,200 barrels.
The Company produces a variety of unpasteurized full-flavored craft beers using traditional European brewing methods which do not employ any cereal adjuncts, syrups, sugars, additives or preservatives. The Company brews its beers using two row malts, specialty roasted malts, imported and domestic hops, cultured ale or lager yeast strains and other natural ingredients.
The Company produces ten products, four of which are seasonal brands and each of which has its own distinctive combination of flavor, color and clarity. The Company's product offerings consist of:
Independence Ale: A pale ale with both English and American influences, Independence Ale is light amber in color due to the recipe's specialty malts. This ale is made from two row malt and four specialty malts, plus a touch of wheat, and three varieties of hops. It is full-bodied and has a hoppy flavor with a dry nutty finish.
Independence Gold: Independence Gold has a golden color and a full-bodied taste resulting from four distinctive malts. This beer has three different kinds of hops which results in a clean, crisp finish.
Independence Franklinfest: Independence Franklinfest, the Company's version of a traditional Marzen style lager/Octoberfest, is light copper in color and has a malt sweetness. Rich, creamy and full bodied, Franklinfest is brewed with seven different malts and three varieties of imported and domestic hops, as well as authentic Bavarian lager yeast.
Independence William's Winter Warmer: This strong traditional English style ale employs both English & American malt and hops and has a high alcohol content to warm up as the air turns colder. Even though it is immensely potent it still has a soft, smooth, taste. The Winter seasonal has a sweet toffee flavor with a malty texture and a deep bronze color.
Independence Uncle E$B: Spring Seasonal. A traditional Extra Special bitter with two-row English malts and a variety of specialty malts is hopped with authentic East Kent Goldings and Fuggles. It has a rich, malty flavor with a sweet finish. The E$B is a robust brew with a sienna copper color and medium body.
Independence Betsy's Kristall Wheat: Betsy's Kristall Wheat is light in body, has a high carbonation with fruity/spicy overtones, and hints of clove and banana. The presence of unmalted wheat also improves the head retention of this flavorful brew.
Independence Thomas's Blonde Bock: It is full bodied and has a distinct malt and hop presence with a deep gold color.
In addition, the Company produces beer under the Nittnany Ale, Gravity, and Blue Hen names.
The Company competes primarily with Dock Street Brewing Company, Red Bell Brewing Company, Stoudt's Brewing Company, Lancaster Malt Brewing Company, Weyerbacher Brewing Company, Victory Brewing Company, Heineken, Amstel, Yeungling, Miller, Anheuser-Busch, Coors and Stroh.
Independence Brewing Company was incorporated in Pennsylvania in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Independence Brewing Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Independence Brewing Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Independence Brewing Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Independence Brewing Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Independence Brewing Company Industry Position Analysis
6. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INDEPENDENCE BREWING COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Independence Brewing Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Independence Brewing Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Independence Brewing Company Major Shareholders
Independence Brewing Company History
Independence Brewing Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Independence Brewing Company Offices and Representations
Independence Brewing Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Independence Brewing Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Independence Brewing Company Capital Market Snapshot
Independence Brewing Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Independence Brewing Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Independence Brewing Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Independence Brewing Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Independence Brewing Company 1-year Stock Charts
Independence Brewing Company 5-year Stock Charts
Independence Brewing Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Independence Brewing Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Independence Brewing Company Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?