- The report contains detailed information about Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. business.
About Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc.
Griffin Land & Nurseries, Inc. engages in the real estate and landscape nursery businesses.
The company operates in two lines of business, including the real estate business comprised of the ownership, construction, leasing and management of commercial and industrial properties and the development of residential subdivisions on real estate owned by Griffin in Connecticut and Massachusetts; and the landscape nursery business consisting of the growing of containerized plants for sale principally to independent retail garden centers, rewholesalers, whose main customers are landscape contractors, and mass merchandisers.
The company also owns an approximate 4% interest in Centaur Media plc, a publicly held magazine and information services publisher based in the United Kingdom, and an approximate 14% interest in Shemin Nurseries Holding Corp. (SNHC), a private company that operates a landscape nursery distribution business through its subsidiary, Shemin Nurseries, Inc. (Shemin Nurseries).
Real Estate Business
The company's real estate division, Griffin Land, engages in the real estate development business on parts of its land in Connecticut and Massachusetts. Griffin Land's buildings and land holdings are located primarily in the Hartford, Connecticut area particularly the north submarket of Hartford. Griffin Land develops portions of its properties for industrial, commercial and residential use. Griffin Land's real estate holdings are located in the Hartford, Connecticut area, particularly in the north submarket of Hartford.
As of November 28, 2009, Griffin Land's real estate portfolio consisted of 29 buildings totaling 2.4 million square feet, including industrial, office and flex facilities and approximately 3,000 acres of undeveloped land.
In 2009, Griffin Land leased approximately 298,000 square feet, comprised of approximately 257,000 square feet of warehouse/light industrial space and approximately 40,000 square feet of single story office/flex space. The leasing of warehouse/light industrial space reflected the space leased in a new approximately 304,000 square foot build-to-suit building in New England Tradeport (Tradeport), Griffin Land's industrial park in Windsor and East Granby, Connecticut. The lease of approximately 40,000 square feet in a single story office/flex building reflects leasing to a single tenant an entire building in Griffin Center South that had been vacant.
Commercial and Industrial Developments
New England Tradeport: Griffin Lands principal commercial and industrial development is focused on the New England Tradeport (Tradeport), a 600 acre industrial park near Bradley International Airport and Interstate 91, located in Windsor and East Granby, Connecticut. As of November 29, 2009, Tradeport contained approximately 1,465,000 square feet of warehouse and light manufacturing space built and owned by Griffin Land, and a bottling and distribution plant built by the Pepsi Bottling Group (Pepsi) on land sold to Pepsi by Griffin Land. In 2009, Griffin Land completed a build-to-suit warehouse and light manufacturing building in Tradeport of approximately 304,000 square feet.
Griffin Center and Griffin Center South: The company's other substantial development is the combination of Griffin Center in Windsor and Bloomfield, Connecticut and Griffin Center South in Bloomfield. Together these master planned developments comprise approximately 600 acres. Griffin Land owns approximately 617,000 of the 2,165,000 square feet of developed space.
Griffin Center includes 11 office buildings, including the building built by The Hartford, a light manufacturing building and a small restaurant, 5 of which are owned by Griffin Land. Griffin Land owns 2 multi-story office buildings that have an aggregate of approximately 161,000 square feet, a single story office building of approximately 48,000 square feet, a 165,000 square foot light manufacturing building used principally as office, data center and call center space and the small restaurant building.
Griffin Center South is a 130 acre tract with 16 buildings of single story office, flex and storage space. Griffin Land owns 9 buildings i
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Major Shareholders
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. History
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Offices and Representations
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?