- The report contains detailed information about Glanbia plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Glanbia plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Glanbia plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Glanbia plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Glanbia plc business.
About Glanbia plc
Glanbia plc operates as an international dairy, consumer foods and nutritional products company. The company has operations in Ireland, Europe, Canada, China, the United States of America and Nigeria.
The company operates in three divisions: Consumer Foods Division; Agribusiness & Property Division; and Food Ingredients & Nutritionals Division.
Consumer Foods Division
Consumer Foods incorporates nutritional beverages, fresh dairy products and cheese, and soups and spreads. Its household brands include Avonmore, Premier, Yoplait, Kilmeaden, Snowcream, Petits Filous, and CMP. The company offers Guideline Daily Amounts (GDA).
Agribusiness & Property Division
The company engages primarily in feed milling, grain processing and marketing, and the retailing of a range of farm inputs, to the farmer supply base. Property is responsible for the management of all its surplus properties in Ireland. Its portfolio also includes CountryLife. The company offers animal feeds, fertilisers, seed grain, chemicals and veterinary product.
Food Ingredients & Nutritionals Division
Food Ingredients processes 3.4 billion litres of milk and produces cheese, butter, casein and protein ingredients at facilities in Ireland and the United States. The Groups Nutritionals business produces a range of speciality whey proteins, customised premix solutions and nutritional ingredients for use by food and beverage companies.
The Nutritionals business unit supplies technology whey proteins and fractions, flax and customised micro-nutrients, vitamin and mineral premixes. It comprises three separate businesses Ingredient Technologies (business to business ingredient developer and distributor); Customised Solutions (business to business premix solutions provider) and Optimum (business to consumer, manufacturer and marketer of nutritional supplements) serving the health and wellness, functional foods, sports nutrition, infant and clinical nutrition sectors. Food Ingredients USA processed 2.0 billion litres of milk into 205,000 tonnes of cheese and 50,000 tonnes of whey-based ingredients from facilities located in Idaho.
The company owns Optimum Nutrition, Inc., a manufacturer of nutritional supplements for the sports sector nutrition sector, in particular the use of whey protein as a functional supplement.
The company has three key international joint ventures.
The company has a 51% interest in Glanbia Cheese, which is a joint venture with Leprino Foods, USA. The business produces mozzarella cheese for the European pizza market in shredded, ribbon and string formats and supplies mozzarella cheese to the foodservice and retail pizza sector. Glanbia Cheese is based in the United Kingdom and produces pizza cheese for the United Kingdom and European markets.
Southwest Cheese is the companys joint venture with The Greater Southwest Agency.
Nutricima is a 50:50 joint venture with PZ Cussons plc in Nigeria. This business has developed a branded product portfolio to serve all market segments, including liquid, condensed and powdered milk-based products. Nutricima is based in Nigeria and the company manufactures and markets branded dairy-based consumer products for the Nigerian and African market.
In 2008, the company sold its Pigmeat business.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLANBIA PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLANBIA PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLANBIA PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLANBIA PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLANBIA PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Glanbia plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Glanbia plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Glanbia plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Glanbia plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Glanbia plc Industry Position Analysis
6. GLANBIA PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLANBIA PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLANBIA PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLANBIA PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLANBIA PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLANBIA PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Glanbia plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Glanbia plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Glanbia plc Major Shareholders
Glanbia plc History
Glanbia plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Glanbia plc Offices and Representations
Glanbia plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Glanbia plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Glanbia plc Capital Market Snapshot
Glanbia plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Glanbia plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Glanbia plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Glanbia plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Glanbia plc 1-year Stock Charts
Glanbia plc 5-year Stock Charts
Glanbia plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Glanbia plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Glanbia plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?