- The report contains detailed information about Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. business.
About Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. produces, markets, and distributes fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables. The company also produces and distributes prepared fruit and vegetables, juices, beverages, and snacks in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. It markets its products worldwide under the DEL MONTE brand.
The company sources and distributes its products on a global basis. Its products are grown primarily in Central and South America, Africa, and the Philippines. It also sources products from North America and Europe. It transports its fresh produce to markets using its fleet of 16 owned and 17 chartered refrigerated vessels, and operates 4 port facilities in the United States. The company markets and distributes its products to retail stores, food clubs, wholesalers, distributors, and foodservice operators in approximately 100 countries.
Bananas: The company produces bananas on company-controlled farms in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Brazil, Cameroon, and the Philippines and it purchases bananas from independent growers in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, Guatemala, the Philippines and India.
Gold Pineapples: The company offers Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet pineapple with characteristics, such as golden shell color, bright yellow flesh, and higher vitamin C content.
Fresh-Cut Produce: The companys fresh-cut fruit products include pineapple, melons, grapes, citrus, apples, kiwi and other fruit items. It also offers fresh-cut vegetables, including tomatoes, onions, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower, celery, various greens and prepared salads, such as coleslaw and potato salad. The company purchases all of its vegetables for these purposes from independent growers in the United States and in Europe. Its fresh-cut products are sold in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Middle East, and Japan.
Non-Tropical Fruit: The company sells various non-tropical fruit, including grapes, apples, pears, peaches, plums, nectarines, cherries, apricots, avocados, citrus, and kiwi. Non-tropical fruit is sold in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America. It obtains its supply of non-tropical fruit from company-owned farms in Chile and from independent growers in Chile, the United States, Mexico, Spain, and New Zealand. In Chile, the company purchases non-tropical fruit from independent growers and also produces various non-tropical fruit on approximately 5,200 acres of company-owned or leased land.
Melons: The company sells various melons, including cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon. Melons are sold in North America and Europe.
Tomatoes: The company sources its tomatoes mainly from the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
Vegetables: The company distributes and markets various vegetables, including mainly potatoes, onions, bell peppers and cucumbers. It sources its vegetables from independent growers in North and Central America.
Other Fruit: The company produces, distributes and markets various other fruit, including strawberries, plantains and mangos, as well as various other varieties of fruit. It sources these other fruit items from company-controlled farms and independent growers in Costa Rica, Colombia, Guatemala, and the United States.
Prepared Food: The company produces, distributes, and markets prepared pineapple, peaches, apricots, fruit cocktail, pears, tomatoes and other fruit and vegetables. Its deciduous prepared food products, which include peaches, apricots, pears and fruit cocktail are principally sourced from its own facilities in Greece and South Africa. The companys tomato products are sourced from its own facilities in Greece together with independent producers in Europe and the Middle East.
The companys prepared pineapple products are primarily sourced from its own facility in Kenya and are also sourced from independent producers in Asia. These products are sold primarily under the DEL MONTE label and under the buyers own label for major retailers. It also distributes and markets beverages including ambient juices and juice drinks as well as various snacks. The company also produces and markets industrial products that include fruit that has been processed in its production facilities in the form of purees, pulps and concentrates for further processing (yogurt, cake manufacture, and pizza) and for sale to the food service industry worldwide. It offers multiple varieties and sizes of fruit in plastic pots and various frozen juice stick bars products, targeting the convenience store and foodservice trade in selected European and Middle East markets.
The companys prepared food segment also includes its Jordanian food business. This business includes a vertically integrated poultry business, including poultry farms, a grain mill, a slaughterhouse and a meat processing plant in Jordan. Its Jordanian poultry business provides poultry products to retail stores and foodservice operators in that country.
Other Products and Services
The companys other products and services include its third-party ocean freight business, its third-party plastics and box manufacturing business and its Argentine grain business. In addition, it grows grain on leased farms in Argentina, including soybean, wheat, and rice. It owns and operates grain silos in Argentina for the storage of its grain and that grown by third parties.
The companys major customer is Wal-Mart, Inc.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. was founded in 1886.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CAYMAN ISLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FRESH DEL MONTE PRODUCE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Major Shareholders
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. History
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Offices and Representations
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?